Password retrieval questions seem less than ideal.

• Thread starter NateTG
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed an issue with copying and pasting content from the sidebar into a random question generator. The user encountered an error and reported it, and the moderator responded by adding the values to the forgotten password page. The user also mentioned that copying the words did not work and the moderator asked for clarification.
NateTG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I C&P'd stuff from the sidebar into the 'random question' thing, and it told me it was incorrect. For example, the question about what PF values matches up pretty nicely with that first sentence, but copying the words doesn't work.

Physics news on Phys.org
NateTG said:
I C&P'd stuff from the sidebar into the 'random question' thing, and it told me it was incorrect. For example, the question about what PF values matches up pretty nicely with that first sentence, but copying the words doesn't work.

Thanks for the report. I will investigate and update this thread.

I've added the values to the forgotten password page. What do you mean copying doesn't work? Did the word show correctly in the box? I thought at first it might be an added space, but spaces were accepted for me.

1. How can I improve the security of my password retrieval questions?

To improve the security of your password retrieval questions, you can use more complex and unique questions that are not easily guessable or publicly available information. You can also consider using multi-factor authentication or alternative methods of password recovery, such as email or phone verification.

2. Can password retrieval questions be hacked?

Yes, password retrieval questions can be hacked if the questions are easily guessable or the answers can be found through online research or social media. It is important to choose questions and answers that are not publicly available or easily guessed.

3. What are some common mistakes when creating password retrieval questions?

Some common mistakes when creating password retrieval questions include using questions with answers that can be easily researched or guessed, using the same questions for multiple accounts, or not updating the questions regularly. It is important to choose unique questions and regularly update them for increased security.

4. Are there any alternatives to password retrieval questions?

Yes, there are alternative methods of password recovery such as email or phone verification, biometric authentication, or security tokens. These methods can provide a more secure way of recovering a password without relying on easily guessable questions and answers.

5. Can I change my password retrieval questions?

Yes, most websites or platforms allow you to update or change your password retrieval questions. It is recommended to regularly update your questions and choose different questions for different accounts for increased security.