Messed up a thread on 8/12

• Thread starter mesa
  • Start date
In summary, the original post contained an incorrect term and the thread was closed before the edit was complete. The poster is now seeking guidance on whether to repost the question or if someone can answer it here.
mesa
Gold Member
Hello all, I posted a thread on 8/12 at https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=765800

I had messed up the original post and wrote 'polynomial' which is incorrect as was pointed out by disregardthat. I hadn't realized the error until after I had responded but while editing the moderators took quick action (a good thing) and the thread was closed before the edit was complete.

I contacted the moderator but haven't received a response so would like to be advised as to what to do next. The term polynomial was incorrect (this function is recursive and has negative exponents). Having the thread closed happens but I would still like an answer to the question, should I just re-post with the edit?

Or if someone wants to just answer it here that would be great too :)

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
mesa said:
Hello all, I posted a thread on 8/12 at https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=765800

I had messed up the original post and wrote 'polynomial' which is incorrect as was pointed out by disregardthat. I hadn't realized the error until after I had responded but while editing the moderators took quick action (a good thing) and the thread was closed before the edit was complete.

I contacted the moderator but haven't received a response so would like to be advised as to what to do next. The term polynomial was incorrect (this function is recursive and has negative exponents). Having the thread closed happens but I would still like an answer to the question, should I just re-post with the edit?

Or if someone wants to just answer it here that would be great too :)

Thanks!

Yes, please repost with the right wording.

Likes 1 person

What does it mean to "messed up a thread on 8/12"?

Messed up a thread on 8/12 refers to making a mistake or causing damage in a conversation or discussion that took place on August 12th.

How can a thread be "messed up"?

A thread can be "messed up" in various ways, such as posting incorrect information, starting arguments, or derailing the conversation from its original topic.

Why is it important to avoid messing up a thread?

Messing up a thread can lead to misunderstandings, conflicts, and a breakdown of communication. It can also affect the credibility and accuracy of the information being discussed.

What can be done to fix a thread that has been messed up?

Depending on the severity of the situation, apologizing, correcting the misinformation, and redirecting the conversation back to its original topic can help fix a messed up thread. It is also important to listen to others and be open to different perspectives.

How can one prevent messing up a thread in the future?

To prevent messing up a thread, one should be careful with the information they share, be respectful and considerate towards others, and stay focused on the topic at hand. It is also important to fact-check and double-check before posting anything.