Finding a 9000 Loan for University

In summary, the student is looking for ways to take out a loan to cover the cost of attending university this fall. The student's school has offered her one loan of 3500 but she is not able to afford the total cost of 16000 per year. The student is considering getting a second 9000 loan (per year) and is looking for advice on where to look for a loan.
JoshHolloway
Hello all. This fall will be my first semester at a University, and can not figure out how I should take out loans. My parenst are not going to pay for anything, and will not take out loans in their name either. I have to take out all the loans in my name. My school has offered me one student loan of 3500. I also am getting two scholarships that total 3000 and my pell grant totals 400, but this is deffinetely not enough. My school recomends it will cost a total of 16000 per year (including living expenses), and this is how much I plan it actually costin.. So I obviously need a bigger loan. I need one more 9000 loan (per year). Where should I be looking?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
you can try CitiAssist loan - its a signature loan that would require a co-signer (your parents could co-sign it)

For the past 3 years I've been getting federal loans as well as a Key Alternative Loan, which is what my school recommends. You can apply with or without a cosigner (but you may not have enough credit to apply alone).

http://www.key.com/html/H-1.3.html

Wow, your school is cheap compared to mine!

What are you majoring in? If you plan on becoming a high school teacher, of Math or Science, you can get some great deals on loans.

really mattmns? is this only US or worldwide?

I can only speak for the US.

My sister gets loans for great deals because she is becoming a nurse. As for what I am doing, I am majoring in Chemical Engineering.

Something else to consider is a part-time job during the school year as well as a full-time job over the summer. You'll appreciate every effort you make now to minimize student loans twice over when you graduate.

If they are not going to cosign, then I would think you could go back to the fin aid office for more aid.
However, if your parents are deducting you on their income tax, then I would consider bringing up declaring yourself as an independent if they will not help you.

unfortunatly you usually have to have been living on your own for 2 years before you can declare yourself independant (or be married).

I've had two friends in your current situation 1 of them married another girl (she's a straight girl) in order to get residency along with independant status for school. The other is going to take a few years off.

the financial aid system works in such a way so that you either fit certain criteria or you won't be able to go to school, those criteria being either wealthy parents who will give you money or cosign or parents with nothing in which case you get a free ride.

the system sucks for everyone else. but without a cosigner or an income above 15000 a year you won't be able to get a loan.

1. How can I find a $9000 loan for university?

There are several options for finding a $9000 loan for university. You can apply for federal student loans through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or look into private student loans from banks or credit unions. You can also explore scholarships, grants, and work-study programs.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for a $9000 loan for university?

The eligibility requirements for a $9000 loan for university may vary depending on the type of loan you are applying for. Generally, you must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited university, have a valid Social Security number, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Some loans may also have specific income or credit score requirements.

3. Can I use a $9000 loan for university to cover all of my expenses?

No, a $9000 loan for university will likely not cover all of your expenses. This amount may only cover a portion of your tuition and fees. It is important to create a budget and consider other sources of funding, such as grants and scholarships, to cover additional expenses.

4. What are the interest rates for a $9000 loan for university?

The interest rates for a $9000 loan for university will depend on the type of loan and your credit history. Federal student loans typically have lower interest rates compared to private loans. It is important to research and compare interest rates from different lenders before choosing a loan.

5. How do I repay a $9000 loan for university?

Repayment of a $9000 loan for university typically begins after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment. You may have a grace period before repayment begins, and you can choose from different repayment plans. It is important to understand the terms and conditions of your loan to avoid defaulting on payments.