Older Photoshop won't even load in Win 7

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of trying to load an old version of Photoshop 6.0 into a Windows 7 computer. The person asking the question is having trouble with the installation, but the person responding has had success running Photoshop 6.0 on their Windows 7 laptop. They suggest trying to run it in compatibility mode and provide a link for instructions. It is mentioned that the person was able to successfully load Photoshop 6.0 on a Windows 8 computer. The conversation ends with the person thanking the other for their help and mentioning that they will use the compatibility mode option for future installations.
yungman
I am trying to load a very old version of Photoshop 6.0 into my Win 7 computer. It won't even install, it just stopped. Is there any compatibility mode I can make it work?

Thanks

Alan

Computer science news on Phys.org
Don't know why you should have a problem. I'm running Photoshop 6.0 on my Win7 laptop

phinds said:
Don't know why you should have a problem. I'm running Photoshop 6.0 on my Win7 laptop

Thanks for the reply, I can't even load it. It came up with the installation screen, but when I click Photoshop 6.0 then click Install, nothing happen! I'll pop the disk and try again.

I reload the CD, it actually worked. I even put the photoshop into the new Win 8 computer!

Thanks

1. Why won't my older version of Photoshop load on Windows 7?

This is likely due to compatibility issues between the software and operating system. Older versions of Photoshop may not be compatible with newer operating systems like Windows 7.

2. Is there a way to make my older Photoshop version work on Windows 7?

There are a few potential solutions that you can try, such as running the program in compatibility mode or using virtualization software. However, these may not always work and it may be best to upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop.

3. Can I still use my older version of Photoshop on a different operating system?

It is possible that your older version of Photoshop may work on a different operating system, but it may not be officially supported by Adobe. It is recommended to check the system requirements for your specific version of Photoshop before attempting to use it on a different operating system.

4. Will my files created in the older version of Photoshop be compatible with a newer version?

In most cases, files created in older versions of Photoshop should be compatible with newer versions. However, there may be some minor compatibility issues, so it is always a good idea to save your files in a universal format like .PSD or .JPEG.

5. Is it worth upgrading to a newer version of Photoshop?

This ultimately depends on your specific needs and usage of Photoshop. If you are experiencing issues with your older version and it is not compatible with your operating system, it may be worth considering an upgrade. Additionally, newer versions of Photoshop often have more features and improvements that may benefit your work.