Chinese New Year Pic - Tom's Photo Gallery

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary: Originally posted by Evo Yes! Friends! We ARE all friends here, aren't we? (well, most of us anyway...:wink:)@Tsunami: thanks for your comment. I really appreciate it. Originally posted by PrudensOptimus And yeah, :p Girls sigh.
PrudensOptimus
http://www.hinst.net/~tom/tom_newyear_1.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, so handsome Prudens!

Originally posted by Evo

heh, i was about to share the fun at the chinese festival, but is late now, i'll type tomorrow.

Originally posted by Evo

Yes! I agree!

Tell us about the festival!

January 22nd or somewhere before that,

People: Around 800+.(Huge load in Arkansas, almost all the asian community came.)

Afterthoughts: Met a team of hot dancers from Jacksonville High School(they are blondes). If you have read my "Girl trouble" thread before, Girl #1 was present. (She said she went because of me.) Btw, if you haven't already read "Girl trouble", read now :p

You are a QT!

OK. Here's MY Chinese New Years portrait.

Hurry, Greg! Turn it ON! (Aren't I CUTE?)

Attachments

• sweet puppy 1.jpg
    sweet puppy 1.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 411
Since you don't like to have your picture taken, I suspect it is going to be something weird..

Originally posted by Monique
Since you don't like to have your picture taken, I suspect it is going to be something weird..
Well, not TOO weird...
(You are SO smart! I wish I was as smart as you! )

Originally posted by Tsunami
Well, not TOO weird...
(You are SO smart! I wish I was as smart as you! )

Tsunami, New Year pictures don't have to be star-like... Pictures are just sharing the moment with others.

@Monique and Evo: thanks for your comments. I really hope that's what most girls think of me though

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Tsunami, New Year pictures don't have to be star-like... Pictures are just sharing the moment with others.
Thanks, Prudens. I actually think this one DOES have a bit of star-quality to it, and I just loved it so much I wanted to share it with my friends!

@Monique and Evo: thanks for your comments. I really hope that's what most girls think of me though
Prudens, you are so handsome, the girls would have to be BLIND not to notice!

Originally posted by Tsunami
Thanks, Prudens. I actually think this one DOES have a bit of star-quality to it, and I just loved it so much I wanted to share it with my friends!

Prudens, you are so handsome, the girls would have to be BLIND not to notice!

Well, the picture should have its attractiveness or I wouldn't have balls to share it here.

The occasion is actually what made this picture look good - Chinese New Year, everyone dressing up for a better year. I'm pretty sure yours would look just as good if not better.

And yeah, :p Girls sigh.

Edit: Errr, share with your friends? What friends? Guys?(feel free to share :p)

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Edit: Errr, share with your friends? What friends? Guys?(feel free to share :p)

Yes! Friends! We ARE all friends here, aren't we? (well, most of us anyway...:wink:)

GREG! TURN ON MY PICTURE, PLEASE!

YAY! My picture is up! SEE??! Aren't I sweet?

1. What is Chinese New Year?

Chinese New Year, also called the Spring Festival, is a traditional Chinese holiday that celebrates the beginning of a new year on the lunar calendar. It is the most important holiday in Chinese culture and is typically celebrated for 15 days.

2. When is Chinese New Year?

The date of Chinese New Year varies from year to year because it follows the lunar calendar. However, it typically falls between January 21st and February 20th on the Gregorian calendar. In 2021, Chinese New Year falls on February 12th.

3. How is Chinese New Year celebrated?

Chinese New Year is celebrated with various customs and traditions, including family gatherings, feasting on traditional foods, giving red envelopes filled with money, setting off fireworks, and decorating with red lanterns and paper cut-outs. It is a time to honor ancestors and deities, and many people also visit temples during this holiday.

4. What is the significance of the Chinese zodiac animals in Chinese New Year?

Each year in the lunar calendar is represented by one of the 12 zodiac animals in Chinese culture. These animals are believed to have a significant impact on a person's personality and fortune. During Chinese New Year, people often wear clothes or accessories with their zodiac animal to bring good luck and prosperity in the coming year.

5. How long is the Chinese New Year celebration?

The Chinese New Year celebration lasts for 15 days, with each day having a different significance and customs. The first day is typically spent with family, the seventh day is known as "Renri" or "everyone's birthday," and the final day is called the Lantern Festival, where people light lanterns to symbolize a bright future. The 15th day marks the end of the celebration with the Yuanxiao Festival, where people eat yuanxiao (sweet rice dumplings) to symbolize family unity.