Difference between P-spice and LT-spice.

• Thread starter ╔(σ_σ)╝
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the conversation is about the difference between p-spice and LT spice and whether LT spice can be used as an alternative. The conversation also includes a link to download a pspice student version and a suggestion to unzip the file to a specific directory for easier installation. The conversation ends with a thank you and best regards.
╔(σ_σ)╝
I just wanted to find out if there was a difference ?

We have to do an assignment on p-spice but I couldn't find a place to download P-spice (a working version I mean).

Can I use LT spice instead ? Are p-spice and LT-spice essentially the same ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Some of the algorithms might be different. One can do a certain simulation more efficiently than the other and vice versa.

Here is a pspice student version:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/downloads/schematic/013/

Last edited:
That's the one I previously downloaded.

I download it but when I unzip it I don't know where it saved.

I had a hard trying to install it.

Just unzip it again, but with your own directory such as C:\Pspice instead of the default which I have no idea myself where it takes you.

Alright thanks it works now.

I guess I should have thought of that.

Thanks a-lot.

Best Regards

Elmer

1. What is the main difference between P-spice and LT-spice?

The main difference between P-spice and LT-spice is the underlying simulation engine. P-spice uses the Berkeley SPICE engine, while LT-spice uses its own proprietary engine. This results in differences in the algorithms used for solving circuit equations, as well as differences in the accuracy and speed of simulations.

2. Which software is more commonly used in industry?

Both P-spice and LT-spice are widely used in industry, but LT-spice is more commonly used due to its availability as a free download and its user-friendly interface. P-spice is often used in more specialized applications, such as high-frequency circuit design.

3. Can the same circuit be simulated in both P-spice and LT-spice?

Yes, the same circuit can be simulated in both P-spice and LT-spice. However, due to the differences in the simulation engines, there may be slight variations in the results. It is always recommended to run simulations in both software and compare the results for accuracy.

4. Are there any differences in the component libraries between P-spice and LT-spice?

Yes, there are some differences in the component libraries between P-spice and LT-spice. While both software have a wide range of components available, there may be some variations in the specific models and parameters for certain components. It is important to check and verify the component libraries when switching between the two software.

5. Which software is better for beginners to use?

LT-spice is generally considered to be more user-friendly and easier to use for beginners. It has a simple interface and a large community of users who provide support and resources. P-spice, on the other hand, may be more suitable for advanced users who require more specialized features and capabilities.