Cant understand this transition

• Thread starter nhrock3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transition
In summary, the conversation is discussing the process of changing the variable in an equation from t to i on the interval from 0 to I, in order to better integrate with respect to i as it goes from 0 to I. This change allows for a clearer understanding of the relationship between i and t.
nhrock3
http://i47.tinypic.com/2lj3uvl.jpg

how did they erased the derivative of I object

how did they change the variable?

Physics news on Phys.org
Substitute P=Li.di/dt in the equation.. dt cancels out

why they change t to I
on the interval
?

nhrock3 said:
why they change t to I
on the interval
?

Because now we are integrating with respect to i as it goes from 0 to I. First, we were integrating with respect to t which was going from 0 to t. It means that as t goes from 0 to t, i goes from 0 to I and that i is dependent on t.

i(t=0) = 0
i(t=t) = I

What does "transition" mean in science?

In science, a transition refers to a change from one state to another, often involving the movement or transformation of energy or matter.

Why is understanding transitions important in science?

Understanding transitions is important in science because they can help explain how processes or systems work, and can also provide insights into potential solutions for problems or challenges.

What are the different types of transitions in science?

There are several types of transitions in science, including phase transitions (such as solid to liquid), chemical transitions (such as a chemical reaction), and energy transitions (such as heat transfer).

How do scientists study and analyze transitions?

Scientists study and analyze transitions through various methods, such as conducting experiments, making observations, and using mathematical models or simulations.

Can transitions be controlled or manipulated by scientists?

Yes, transitions can be controlled or manipulated by scientists through various means, such as adjusting environmental conditions or using specific substances or energy sources to induce a transition.