What online videos for physics would you recommend?

In summary, a college student in a second semester calculus-based physics course is preparing for a test on Current and Resistance, Direct-Current Circuits, Magnetic Fields, Sources of the Magnetic Field, and Faraday's Law. They are looking for additional resources, such as video series, to help them better understand the material. They also have a question from a previous exam and are seeking advice on how to approach it. Recommendations include checking out YouTube channels "Flipping Physics" and "The Organic Chemistry Tutor" for explanations on the topics, practicing with problems from the textbook or online resources, and seeking help from a study group or tutor. The recommended approach for the specific question involves drawing a diagram and using magnetic field formulas. The key is to
XwakeriderX
Hi, I am a college student in a second semester calculus based physics. On Wednesday we have our next test and I am still struggling on the material. This test will be covering
Current and Resistance
Direct-Current Circuits
Magnetic Fields
Sources of the Magnetic Field
Faraday's Law

Those are the names of the 5 chapters, they all have your usual subtopics (ex. Kirchoffs Rules, Amperes Law ect.)

Does anyone know of a video series online that can help me get a better understanding on how to approach a problem? I've watched all of Khansacademy but his problems are way to basic.
Additional resources or recommendations would be great! Thank you for taking the time to read this and i really appreciate the support. Heres a question from last semesters exam to help give an idea of the level of problems!

A Long, cylindrical conductor of radius R has non-uniform current density that varies according to J=br^2, where b is a constant. Find the magnetic field a) outside and b) inside the conductor.

Oh and we have 5 problems like this 2 do in 50 minutes so i guess its not the difficulty of the question, its the amount of time allowed to think about the approach.

Science news on Phys.org
http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/fundamentals-of-physics-ii
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=electrostatics+yale&aq=f
http://www.kiledjian.elac.org/kiledjianv_videos_03.htm
http://www.ictp.tv/diploma/search.p...se=Advanced_Electromagnetism&order=olderfirst

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-02sc-physics-ii-electricity-and-magnetism-fall-2010/
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-02-electricity-and-magnetism-spring-2002/video-lectures/

Check all of those links properly, some look similar but they all have different content in
some form or another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there, I can definitely relate to your struggle with calculus-based physics. It can be a challenging subject, but don't worry, you're not alone! I would recommend checking out the YouTube channel "Flipping Physics" for helpful videos on the topics you mentioned. They have a whole series on calculus-based physics and their explanations are very clear and concise. Another great resource is "The Organic Chemistry Tutor" on YouTube, he also has videos specifically on the topics you mentioned.

In terms of practice problems, I would suggest checking out the textbook or online resources for your class. They usually have a variety of problems with varying levels of difficulty, so you can practice at your own pace. It's also helpful to work with a study group or find a tutor who can guide you through the problems and help you understand the concepts better.

As for the specific question you mentioned, I would recommend starting by drawing a diagram and labeling all the given information. Then, use the formula for magnetic field (B) to solve for the field outside the conductor (use the distance from the center of the conductor to the point outside as the radius). For the field inside the conductor, you can use the formula for magnetic field inside a long, straight conductor (B=μ0I/2πr). Don't forget to substitute the given current density into the formula as well.

It's important to take your time and break down the problem into smaller, manageable steps. Don't get discouraged if you don't get it right away, just keep practicing and seeking help when needed. Good luck on your test!

What online videos for physics would you recommend?

As a scientist, I have come across many useful online videos for physics that I would highly recommend to anyone interested in the subject. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about these videos and their corresponding answers.

1. Are there any free online videos for physics?

Yes, there are many free online videos for physics available on platforms like YouTube, Khan Academy, and Coursera. These videos cover various topics in physics and are a great resource for learning and understanding the subject.

2. Are there any online videos for physics suitable for beginners?

Absolutely! There are many online videos for physics designed specifically for beginners. These videos start with the basics and gradually cover more advanced topics, making it easier for beginners to understand and follow along.

3. Can you recommend any online videos for specific topics in physics?

Yes, there are many online videos available for specific topics in physics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. I would recommend searching for these topics on platforms like YouTube to find the most relevant and helpful videos.

4. Are there any online videos for physics that include visual demonstrations?

Yes, there are many online videos for physics that include visual demonstrations and simulations to help illustrate concepts and theories. These videos can be particularly helpful for understanding complex topics and visualizing abstract concepts.

5. Can online videos for physics replace traditional classroom learning?

No, online videos for physics should not be seen as a replacement for traditional classroom learning. They can be a helpful supplement to classroom learning, but they should not be relied on as the sole source of education. It is important to have face-to-face interactions with teachers and classmates to fully grasp the concepts and theories in physics.