Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students

• Thread starter TheKracken
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutor
In summary, the conversation is about finding a math tutor to help with studying calculus over the next 8 months before taking calculus 1 and 2 at a local community college. Suggestions for finding a tutor include getting different books to self-study, making flyers at a local college, or posting on Craigslist. The cost of a tutor is typically around $20 per hour. One person offers to be a tutor, but lives too far away.
TheKracken
How could I go about getting a math tutor? I am currently in high school and would like to start studying calculus over the next 8 months before I take calculus 1 and then 2 at my local community college. So how can I go about getting a good math tutor that could teach me calculus and give me some guidence at the same time. Oh...and how much to tutors typically charge?

Science news on Phys.org
get a bunch of different books and see if you can learn some of the material yourself. otherwise, id try making flyers at your local college. or make a post on craigslist for your area.

do you live in southern california? Because if so I'll be your math tutor. Most charge in the $20/hr range

I live in mid california, In san luis obispo county

ugh too far for me

1. What is "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students?"

"Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" is an online learning platform designed to help high school students prepare for calculus. It offers interactive lessons, practice problems, and personalized feedback to help students improve their understanding and skills in calculus.

2. How can "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" help me with my calculus studies?

"Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" can help you by providing comprehensive lessons and practice problems that cover all the necessary topics and skills in calculus. It also offers personalized feedback to help you identify and improve on your weaknesses.

3. Is "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" suitable for all levels of high school students?

Yes, "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" is suitable for all levels of high school students. It offers both basic and advanced lessons to cater to the needs of students at different levels. Additionally, the platform allows students to track their progress and adjust their learning accordingly.

4. Can I access "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" from any device?

Yes, "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" is a web-based platform and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones.

5. Are there any additional resources or features available on "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students"?

Yes, "Get Math Tutor: Calculus Prep for High School Students" offers additional resources such as study guides, practice tests, and video tutorials to supplement the interactive lessons. It also has a community forum where students can ask questions and discuss concepts with other users.