Check answers on a review sheet

• Thread starter nautica
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Review
In summary, the conversation covers topics related to inductive circuits, oscillation frequency, magnetic fields, and Faraday's law. The answers to the questions are as follows: 1) 1/4 cycle in a purely inductive circuit, 2) d) 2L and 2C, 4) 80 ohms, 5) e) None of the above, 6) zero, 8) clockwise, 9) .5 meters squared, 10) c) if the particle is moving across the field lines.
nautica
Could you check these answers.

thanks

1) In a purely inductive circut, the current lags voltage by?

1/4 cycle

2) Which has the greatest effect in decreasing oscillation frequency of an LC circuit? Using Instead:
a) L/2 and C/2
b) L/2 and 2C
c) 2L and C/2
d) 2L and 2C I picked d

4) A coil has a resistance of 60 ohms and an impedance of 100 ohms. its reactance in ohms is: 80 Ohms

5) At any point the magnetic field lines are in the direction of:
a) the magnetic force on a moving poistive charge
b) the magnetic force on a moving negative charge
c) the velocity of a moving positive charge
d) the velocity of a moving negative charge
e) None of the above - I picked e)

6) and electron is moving north in a region where the magnetic field is south. the magnetic force exerted on the electron is? Zero

8) You push a permanent magnet with its north pole away from you toward a loop of conducting wire in front of you. Before the north pole enters the loop the current in the loop is?? zero

9) The normal to a certain 1 meter squared area makes an angle of 60 with a uniform mag field. the mag flux through this area is the same as the flux through a second area that is perpendicular to the field if the second area is? .5 meters squared.

10) A magnetic field exerts a force on a charged particle:
a) always
b) never
c) if the particle is moving across the field lines (I picked c)
d) if the particle is moving with the field lines
e) if the particle is at rest

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by nautica
Could you check these answers.
All look good except for #8.
8) You push a permanent magnet with its north pole away from you toward a loop of conducting wire in front of you. Before the north pole enters the loop the current in the loop is?? zero
No. Consider Faraday's law.

Originally posted by Doc Al
All look good except for #8.
No. Consider Faraday's law.

I thought it was zero before it entered and then it resisted the change??

Nautica

Originally posted by nautica
I thought it was zero before it entered and then it resisted the change??
No, the field extends beyond the pole of the magnet. As the field through the loop changes, a current is induced.

So the current would be clockwise?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of checking answers on a review sheet?

The purpose of checking answers on a review sheet is to ensure accuracy and understanding of the material. It allows you to identify any mistakes or gaps in knowledge, and make corrections before an exam or assessment.

2. When should I check my answers on a review sheet?

You should check your answers on a review sheet after completing the review. This can help reinforce concepts and identify any areas that require further study.

3. How should I check my answers on a review sheet?

You should compare your answers to the correct answers provided on the review sheet. If you are unsure about a particular answer, you can refer back to your notes or textbook for clarification.

4. What should I do if I find mistakes in my answers on a review sheet?

If you find mistakes in your answers on a review sheet, you should make corrections and review the material again. It is important to understand the correct information before an exam or assessment.

5. Can I use a review sheet to study for an exam?

Yes, a review sheet can be a helpful tool for studying for an exam. It allows you to review important concepts and identify any areas where you may need to focus more studying.