Who Recently Graduated or Completed an Advanced Degree?

• Praise
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I just got my Master's of Science - Mathematics! :)In summary, many members of the community have recently graduated or completed advanced degrees in various fields, including math, engineering, physics, and geography. Congratulations and well done to all the new graduates and those who have received honors. There is also a discussion about the stress and uncertainty of final exams and presentations, with some members sharing their experiences and congratulating each other on their successes. Overall, it is a positive and supportive atmosphere with many members expressing their pride and admiration for each other's accomplishments.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I know that Math Is Hard just graduated, and also that Cyrus recently completed his engineering degree. If you have recently graduated or completed an advanced degree, please post here and let us know.

Congratulations to everyone!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well done all new graduates!

Just got a B.S. in Math myself :smile:

Congrats to everyone!

Congrats to mattmns and MIH and everyone else who has recently graduated!

Congrats everyone!

Hearty Congrats to the New Graduates! :smile:
I am expecting my post-grad results anytime now...:uhh:

Congrats!

Reshma said:
Hearty Congrats to the New Graduates! :smile:
I am expecting my post-grad results anytime now...:uhh:

Good luck too Reshma! :smile:

Just got my BSc in mathematical physics! (with honors)

Way to go grads!

MIH Looks real purrty in her cap and gown. :biggrin:

mattmns said:
Just got a B.S. in Math myself :smile:

Congrats to everyone!

Cool man! Blast up the 80's rap!

Got my B.Sc in Planetary Science last week :) ----- now I need a job.

Thanks! Just saw this. I'm not official yet - still have 3 classes to do, but I've done the commencement. I'll pass around pictures at chat on Sunday.

BobG just finished up, as well. Congrats, graduates!

hey, the thread ate my post.

Hey, I just got the news of my results! I passed with honours! :smile:

Nice work, Reshma!

Congrats Reshma!

Kurdt said:
Congrats Reshma!

Math Is Hard said:
Nice work, Reshma!

Thank you very much Kurdt and MIH! MOST importantly, my sincere thanks to the Home-helpers and Science advisors on PF! Your help is very much appreciated! :smile:

Reshma said:
Hey, I just got the news of my results! I passed with honours! :smile:

Congrats Reshma, and to everyone else at PF that is graduating this year!

I got an A in my signal detection theory class. Whew! It was like some kind of .. miracle. o:)

Congrats - MIH.

Miracle? Perhaps you're just plain smart. :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks! Just saw this. I'm not official yet - still have 3 classes to do, but I've done the commencement. I'll pass around pictures at chat on Sunday.

BobG just finished up, as well. Congrats, graduates!

Math Is Hard said:
I got an A in my signal detection theory class. Whew! It was like some kind of .. miracle. o:)

And congratulations to you, as well. :cool:

I almost wish I'd gotten a B in my last class. I'd feel more like I wasn't overblowing the difficulty of the class.

It was one of those capstone project classes where practically your entire grade depends on the presentation and report that you deliver the last week of class. Lots of stress where you realize you could actually fail your very last class. :eek: Maybe not likely, but it still feels better if you accumulate grades as you go.

I always do really well in those kind of situations - especially at work. That opportunity to totally humiliate myself just gives me that extra little motivation.:rofl:

BobG said:

And congratulations to you, as well. :cool:
I hope it was wonderful! Send me a picture if you get a chance.

I almost wish I'd gotten a B in my last class. I'd feel more like I wasn't overblowing the difficulty of the class.
There were a couple of classes where I was screaming, "If I get an A I am going to be so $%&*@! pissed!" because I was working as hard as I could just to survive the course, with no clear idea of how I was doing.

It was one of those capstone project classes where practically your entire grade depends on the presentation and report that you deliver the last week of class. Lots of stress where you realize you could actually fail your very last class. :eek: Maybe not likely, but it still feels better if you accumulate grades as you go.

I always do really well in those kind of situations - especially at work. That opportunity to totally humiliate myself just gives me that extra little motivation.:rofl:
My last two classes were like that. In one of them, I never got a single grade for anything until two weeks after the class was over. A real nail biter. None of us ever got any feedback on anything.

Congratulations Everyone!

Congrats everyone!

Got my bachelors in math as well, now just working on my physics bachelors.

GJ Reshma for graduating in honors!

Congrats everyone!

I just got my masters in Physical Geography :smile:

[late intruder] Just defended my thesis yesterday. Phew!

Gokul43201 said:

Congratulations, Gokul!

Congrats, Dr Gokul

Very good Gokul. I'm sure you've done very well.

Gokul43201 said:

Congrats, Gokul :approve: !

Go GO GOKUL! YEAH!

Congratulations Gokul!

<h2>1. Who is considered a recent graduate or someone who has completed an advanced degree?</h2><p>A recent graduate is someone who has completed their undergraduate degree within the last 6-12 months. Someone who has completed an advanced degree is someone who has obtained a master's or doctoral degree.</p><h2>2. How long does it typically take to complete an advanced degree?</h2><p>The length of time to complete an advanced degree varies depending on the program and the individual's academic progress. On average, it takes 2-3 years to complete a master's degree and 4-6 years to complete a doctoral degree.</p><h2>3. What types of advanced degrees are available?</h2><p>There are several types of advanced degrees, including Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and Doctor of Education (EdD), among others. The type of degree someone pursues depends on their field of study and career goals.</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of obtaining an advanced degree?</h2><p>Earning an advanced degree can lead to higher-paying job opportunities, career advancement, and increased knowledge and skills in a particular field. It can also open doors to new career paths and opportunities for networking and professional development.</p><h2>5. Is it necessary to have an advanced degree to be successful in a particular field?</h2><p>It depends on the field and the individual's career goals. In some industries, an advanced degree may be required for certain positions or to advance in one's career. In other fields, experience and skills may be more valuable. It is important to research the specific requirements and expectations for success in a particular field.</p>

1. Who is considered a recent graduate or someone who has completed an advanced degree?

A recent graduate is someone who has completed their undergraduate degree within the last 6-12 months. Someone who has completed an advanced degree is someone who has obtained a master's or doctoral degree.

2. How long does it typically take to complete an advanced degree?

The length of time to complete an advanced degree varies depending on the program and the individual's academic progress. On average, it takes 2-3 years to complete a master's degree and 4-6 years to complete a doctoral degree.

3. What types of advanced degrees are available?

There are several types of advanced degrees, including Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and Doctor of Education (EdD), among others. The type of degree someone pursues depends on their field of study and career goals.

4. What are the benefits of obtaining an advanced degree?

Earning an advanced degree can lead to higher-paying job opportunities, career advancement, and increased knowledge and skills in a particular field. It can also open doors to new career paths and opportunities for networking and professional development.

5. Is it necessary to have an advanced degree to be successful in a particular field?

It depends on the field and the individual's career goals. In some industries, an advanced degree may be required for certain positions or to advance in one's career. In other fields, experience and skills may be more valuable. It is important to research the specific requirements and expectations for success in a particular field.