How do I delete my account on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter queenspublic
  • Start date
In summary, to delete your account on Physics Forums, you will need to log in and go to the "Account Settings" page. Click on the "Delete Account" button and confirm the deletion. Deleting your account will also remove all of your posts and content permanently and it cannot be recovered. Your personal information will also be deleted. Alternatively, you can adjust your account settings to make your profile and posts private for added privacy.
queenspublic
Title says all.

Physics news on Phys.org
Send a private message to an admin. Kurdt's a nice guy who has been helpful to me.

We don't delete accounts on request, since deleting posts would make many threads meaningless. We can, however, ban you, which will result in your account being closed. Either PM a mentor, or post back here, if you want us to do that.

Or you can simply stop posting. We won't come chasing after you, begging you to come back. :smile:

Likes gracy

1. How do I delete my account on Physics Forums?

To delete your account on Physics Forums, you will need to log in to your account and navigate to the "Account Settings" page. From there, you can click on the "Delete Account" button and follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.

2. Will deleting my account also delete all of my posts and content on Physics Forums?

Yes, deleting your account on Physics Forums will also delete all of your posts and content on the forum. This cannot be undone, so make sure you are certain before proceeding with the deletion.

3. Can I recover my account after it has been deleted?

No, once your account has been deleted from Physics Forums, it cannot be recovered. All of your information and content will be permanently removed from the site.

4. Will my personal information be deleted along with my account?

Yes, when you delete your account on Physics Forums, all of your personal information, including your name, email address, and any other information you provided, will be permanently removed from the site.

5. Are there any alternative options to deleting my account on Physics Forums?

If you are concerned about your privacy on the forum, you can adjust your account settings to make your profile and posts private. This will limit the visibility of your information to other users on the site.