Has the Forum been acting up for you too?

• Thread starter chemisttree
  • Start date
In summary, Some users are experiencing database errors, slow operations, and 404 errors while using the messaging system and logging in. These issues seem to be particularly bad today. Additionally, some users are encountering problems with LaTeX, including empty tags and previously entered math showing up unexpectedly. These issues are currently being addressed by the site moderators.
chemisttree
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I've been having problems with database errors when PM'ing, logging in and then immediately being disconnected, slow operations in general and several 404's. Seems really bad today.

Physics news on Phys.org
chemisttree said:
I've been having problems with database errors when PM'ing, logging in and then immediately being disconnected, slow operations in general and several 404's. Seems really bad today.

yes we are working on it

I'm also having some issues. LaTeX is barfing bad: I'm entering empty TeX tags, like this:
[$tex][/$tex$] (remove dollar signs)

, and when I click "preview post", math from earlier posts of mine that had TeX is showing up.

[tex]1[/tex]

I didn't enter any LaTeX source, but this came up anyway. What's going on here?:yuck:

bigplanet401 said:
I'm also having some issues. LaTeX is barfing bad: I'm entering empty TeX tags, like this:
[$tex][/$tex$] (remove dollar signs)

, and when I click "preview post", math from earlier posts of mine that had TeX is showing up.

[tex]1[/tex]

I didn't enter any LaTeX source, but this came up anyway. What's going on here?:yuck:
This is a known problem. Greg and chroot are working on it.

Thanks

Last edited:

1. Has the Forum been acting up for you too?

Yes, the Forum has been experiencing some technical difficulties lately. We are working on resolving these issues as soon as possible.

2. What kind of issues have been happening with the Forum?

Some users have reported slow loading times, error messages, and difficulty accessing certain features on the Forum.

3. Is there an estimated timeline for when the issues will be resolved?

Our team is actively working on fixing the issues, but we do not have a specific timeline for when they will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

4. Will I lose any of my data or posts due to these issues?

No, your data and posts are safe. However, if you experience any issues, please reach out to our support team for assistance.

5. Is there anything I can do to help with fixing the Forum issues?

If you are experiencing any issues, please report them to our support team. Additionally, you can help by providing detailed information about the issue, such as error messages and steps to reproduce the problem.