Edit My Post on Multi-Page Thread: How Can I?

• Thread starter TurtleMeister
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about editing a post on the first page of a multi-page thread. The person is unable to find the edit button and asks if there is a way to add text without changing anything. They are informed that edits can only be made within 24 hours of posting, and after that, the post must be reported to the mentors for any changes to be made. The person is surprised to learn that the edit time limit has been extended to 24 hours.
TurtleMeister
I want to edit one of my posts on the first page of a multi-page thread but the edit button is not there. Is there any way I can do this? I don't want to change anything, I just want to add some text explaining why my post is incorrect.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can only edit up to 24 hours after you post. If you want anything edited after that report the post in question to the mentors with the edits you want to take place.

Thanks

Woah, it was extended to 24 hours?

Defennder said:
Woah, it was extended to 24 hours?

It has been for a while now.

Ok thanks, guess that explains why I was able to go back to edit posts which had lasted over a few hours.

1. How do I edit my post on a multi-page thread?

To edit your post on a multi-page thread, you will need to locate your post on the specific page where it was originally posted. You can then click on the "Edit" button or link next to your post, make any necessary changes, and then save your edits.

2. Can I edit my post on any page of the thread?

No, you can only edit your post on the specific page where it was originally posted. If you want to make changes to your post on a different page, you will need to locate and edit it on that page.

3. What if I want to edit my post on a page that has already been archived?

If the page where your post is located has been archived, you will not be able to edit it. However, you can still make edits on the most recent page of the thread.

4. How can I make sure my edits are saved?

After making your edits, be sure to click on the "Save" or "Update" button. This will ensure that your changes are saved and visible to others on the thread.

5. Is there a time limit for editing my post on a multi-page thread?

Some forums may have a time limit for editing posts on multi-page threads. If you are unable to edit your post, it is best to check the forum's rules or contact the moderator for more information.