Experiencing Vista Anti-virus: What to Do?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Virus
In summary, someone experienced an unwanted program that disabled their system restore and also caused fake virus warnings to appear on their computer.
leroyjenkens
Has anyone experienced this thing? I got it a few times and had to do a system restore. My friend also got it, spent a ton of time trying to get rid of it, then eventually just switched hard drives.
Yesterday I got it and it disabled my system restore. I think it also tried to delete my system recovery, but I found hidden somewhere. I couldn't just search for it like I normally can.
So I did a system recovery and now I'm getting all my stuff back.
It's so frustrating because it doesn't allow you to use the internet and stuff keeps popping up doing fake virus searches. It just pervades your entire system.
Also, I had my Avast anti-virus program running. It popped up telling me it blocked a virus, yet the virus persisted. Avast kept saying it was blocking this virus, yet the virus got on my computer anyway and started making it's own pop ups, while Avast kept giving me warnings about it

I'm now going to use Firefox instead of IE and I'm going to try to find a better virus protection program. Anyone know of any good free ones?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hi,
last week i got Anti-virus 2010..(i guess should be the same as you got in your PC). It always shows some fake window (same as vista windows protection and security service)...asking to click..
What i did is...i updated both my Avira Antivir (unbrella symbol) and Malwarebytes..First i scanned thoroughly with avira antivir..it takes 1 hour..then i scan with malwarebytes..
For sure it will show some viruses, spywares, etc...just deleted all of them..then you restart you pc..
Now i want to see mcconfig (it can be displayed by entering msconfig in 'Run')..but it was actually deleted or removed because of virus..Then i googled for msconfig..somewhere i got that exe file..i just downloaded it and and copied to windows/system32/ (i really forgot where i copied, but you can find easily)..
good luck..
PS: i think it is not necessary to format completely you harddisk and reinstall new version..

My sister got this a while back. I just installed AVG on her computer and it got rid of it for good.

Good tip regarding re-installing msconfig, Rajini.
I'll have to check that out for future referance.

I can provide some information and advice regarding this issue. First of all, Vista Anti-virus is a known malware that disguises itself as a legitimate antivirus program. It is important to note that no legitimate antivirus program would disable your system restore or try to delete your system recovery. These are red flags that indicate the presence of malware.

If you have experienced this issue, it is important to take immediate action to remove the malware from your system. The first step would be to run a full scan with a reputable anti-malware program. This can help detect and remove any malicious files associated with Vista Anti-virus. You can also try using a malware removal tool specifically designed to target this particular malware.

It is also important to make sure your computer's operating system and software are up to date. Outdated software can leave vulnerabilities that malware can exploit. Additionally, it is recommended to regularly backup your important files in case of a malware attack.

In terms of finding a good antivirus program, there are many reputable options available. Some popular free options include Avast, AVG, and Avira. It is important to choose a program that is regularly updated and has good reviews from other users.

In conclusion, experiencing Vista Anti-virus can be frustrating and damaging to your computer. It is important to take immediate action to remove the malware and protect your system from future attacks. By following the steps mentioned above and using reputable antivirus software, you can prevent further issues and keep your computer safe.

1. What is Vista Anti-virus?

Vista Anti-virus is a type of security software designed to protect your computer from viruses, malware, and other threats.

2. How do I know if I have Vista Anti-virus?

If you have Windows Vista operating system, you may have Vista Anti-virus installed on your computer as it comes pre-installed on some computers. You can also check your list of installed programs to see if it is listed.

3. How does Vista Anti-virus protect my computer?

Vista Anti-virus works by scanning your computer for any potential threats and blocking them from harming your system. It also has real-time protection to detect and prevent any malicious activity.

4. What should I do if I experience issues with Vista Anti-virus?

If you are experiencing issues with Vista Anti-virus, such as constant pop-ups or system slowdowns, it could be a sign of a potential threat or an outdated version of the software. Try updating the software or running a full scan of your computer to resolve any issues.

5. Can I uninstall Vista Anti-virus?

Yes, you can uninstall Vista Anti-virus if you no longer want to use it. However, it is recommended to have some form of anti-virus protection on your computer to keep it safe from threats.