Where Can I Find Intermediate Math Word Problems for Ages 17-21?

• Thread starter silenzer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of finding appropriate math word problems through a simple Google search. The suggestion is made to be more specific in the search, such as adding "algebra" or "algebra 2" to find problems at a higher level. It is also recommended to look for word problems in textbooks or on math-focused websites.
silenzer
So I was, in my pure innocense, googling for math word problems. Little did I know I'd only find word problems for kindergarten.

Anyone got a good site for intermediate (17-21) word problems? Or just math problems in general? :D

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Depends.

What type of math course/person is it for?

Some people here are math prodigies:biggrin:

I don't think googling math word problems will help in google search. We have to be more specific for the type of the problem. For example; if we google fractions division word problems it google shows some good sites having grade 6 or higher word problems in math.
So the key is to more specific in google.

silenzer said:
So I was, in my pure innocense, googling for math word problems. Little did I know I'd only find word problems for kindergarten.

Anyone got a good site for intermediate (17-21) word problems? Or just math problems in general? :D
What exactly was your search criteria? If you add "algebra" or "algebra 2" to your search, that would probably bring things up to high school algebra level.

A site (like a website) is not necessary. Many Basic Arithmetic, Algebra 1, and Algebra 2 books have plenty of word problems. You could maybe find a few nice comparable word problems on www.purplemath.com .

What are "Math word problems threads"?

"Math word problems threads" are online discussion forums or threads dedicated to solving and discussing math word problems. These threads are usually found on educational or math-focused websites, and allow users to share and collaborate on solving math word problems.

Why are "Math word problems threads" helpful?

"Math word problems threads" are helpful because they provide a platform for students and teachers to work together and solve complex math word problems. They also allow for multiple perspectives and approaches to be shared, which can be beneficial for understanding the problem and finding a solution.

How do I participate in a "Math word problems thread"?

To participate in a "Math word problems thread", you can simply join the discussion by posting your solution or thoughts on the problem. You can also reply to other users' posts to provide feedback or collaborate on finding a solution.

Can "Math word problems threads" be used for any level of math?

Yes, "Math word problems threads" can be used for any level of math. These threads are usually organized by topic or level, so you can find threads that are appropriate for your skill level. Some threads may also have guidelines or rules for which level of math problems can be posted.

Are there any tips for using "Math word problems threads" effectively?

Yes, here are some tips for using "Math word problems threads" effectively:

• Read the problem carefully and make sure you understand it before posting a solution.
  • Be respectful and open to different approaches and solutions from other users.
  • Provide clear and detailed explanations for your solution to help others understand your thought process.
  • If you are stuck on a problem, don't be afraid to ask for help or clarification from other users.
  • Remember to follow any guidelines or rules set by the thread to ensure a positive and productive discussion.