Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I wanted to offer my two cents. First and foremost, I think it's important to remember that we're all on a journey. We'll all make mistakes. We all have good points and bad points. Secondly, I think that it's really important to forgive. It doesn't mean that we condone the wrong that was done, but it does mean that we're willing to move on. Lastly, I think that it's important to remember that we're all unique. There is no 'one size fits all' approach to relationships or life. I hope that this has helped to at least start a dialogue. :-)
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Yesterday I had the strangest message left on my work phone. Some guy said "I just had the most interesting conversation with your ex-husband and you need to call me as soon as possible". He sounded so cocky, it was infuriating. I had no idea what to think, I couldn't imagine what was going on and I was rather apprehensive. :bugeye:

I called the number the guy left and ended up with his voice mail. I immediately recognized the name, Roy Snyder. :devil:

Roy :!) :!) :!) is an old friend of mine. The last time we spoke was 5-6 years ago. He's an incredible guy. My children still fear him from when they were fighting one day and he took each by the shoulder and made them hug each other. :tongue:

Anyway, he is a soon to be world famous country music star. Since he is a "public" figure I guess I will shamelessly give him a plug. :wink: :biggrin:

Hopefully he'll show up here, he'll be the only person on PF (besides my girls) that has seen me in real life.

Here he is, does he look like a country singer or what?

http://www.roysnyder.com/assets/images/Roy_Homepage_3.jpg

http://www.roysnyder.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why would you want a guy named Roy Snyder when you could have a Tumor?

...and I thought Blast From The Past was a funny movie. :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking said:
Why would you want a guy named Roy Snyder when you could have a Tumor?
Roy is happily married to a great girl. He's not available.

Evo said:
Roy is happily married to a great girl. He's not available.
Well, THAT sucks... :frown: (:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

Tsu said:
Well, THAT sucks... :frown: (:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)
For the record, he was NOT married when I knew him.

But anyway, he'd drive you nuts with all that country music. Why would you want that ? :confused:

Well, THAT sucks even WORSE!111 :rofl:

Yes, he certainly has that 'country' look about him. And the name fits the scheme well, too. :biggrin: I hope you'll forgive me if I don't listen to his music. I just don't do country... It makes me sweaty in the hatband area and my toes start to hurt and I start feeling real bad about all my (now long departed) dogs and my old falling-apart truck... :rofl:

Tsu said:
Yes, he certainly has that 'country' look about him. And the name fits the scheme well, too. :biggrin: I hope you'll forgive me if I don't listen to his music. I just don't do country... It makes me sweaty in the hatband area and my toes start to hurt and I start feeling real bad about all my (now long departed) dogs and my old falling-apart truck... :rofl:
I'm not a country fan either, but Roy is very special to me, so I forgive him.

I notice there doesn't seem to be a song about me in his repertoire. :devil: Surely I deserve a song. :grumpy:

At the very LEAST! :biggrin:
There's a rock song about you, tho. You know the one... "Evo Woman". :rofl:
Ok. I'm going to work now. Bye. :shy:

Math will be drooling all over herself, I'd bet! :biggrin:

Thats lucky then, for a second then i thought Roy had jumped the queue.

Last edited:
Tsu said:
At the very LEAST! :biggrin:
There's a rock song about you, tho. You know the one... "Evo Woman". :rofl:
Ok. I'm going to work now. Bye. :shy:
Or was that Ev'o Destruction?

Let me guess, when you knew him, he wasn't married, but you were?

Fate is cruel, now where did I put that flux capacitor?

Integral said:
Let me guess, when you knew him, he wasn't married, but you were?
I was separated. :uhh:

Fate is cruel, now where did I put that flux capacitor?
:biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Math will be drooling all over herself, I'd bet! :biggrin:

*sigh* he's almost perfect. if only he had a mullet! :biggrin: :!)

Give the guy thicker hair, another ten inches of height and 50 or 60 pounds of muscle, and he would be the spittin' image of old Janitor.

Math Is Hard said:
*sigh* he's almost perfect. if only he had a mullet! :biggrin: :!)
Did someone ask for mullets?

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Caution: This site is terrifying!

Integral said:
Or was that Ev'o Destruction?
YES! That IS the one I was thinking of!1111
Thanks Integral!111
(Cha-Da?) :biggrin:

BobG said:
Did someone ask for mullets?

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Caution: This site is terrifying!

hee hee hee

It will come as no surprise to you, but I am actually familiar with that site, BobG :biggrin:

Tsu said:
YES! That IS the one I was thinking of!1111
Thanks Integral!111
(Cha-Da?) :biggrin:
Cha-DAAnytime! :wink:

I've seen EVO...

Hello Everyone! I've been reading some of the past threads (some as far back as 2003) and I wish I could tell you half of what I know about Evo...but, I won't because I have a GREAT fear of her. She is very impatient with her men if they don't fall in line... :devil:

AND since my picture is out there, I have zero anonymity.

I will say this, she is and has always been very beautiful lady :!) ...but whatever you do, DO NOT CROSS HER! :devil:

As far as wanting a boyfriend, she really doesn't want one or need one. Men to Evo are like snacks...they're good for a while, but do you really want snacks ALL the time?

What Evo needs is something no one can really give her...what that is, you'll have to figure out on your own...I have the answer, but I'm not telling...

One last thing, does anyone really think I need to grow a mullett?

--Roy Snyder

Hi there Roy! No, no, no, don't listen to Math, you don't need a mullet! LOL! I think you're a cute cowboy already. Yee haw! Glad you decided to stop in and say howdy. Welcome to PF.

Roy6921 said:
Hello Everyone! I've been reading some of the past threads (some as far back as 2003) and I wish I could tell you half of what I know about Evo...but, I won't because I have a GREAT fear of her.
You always were wise beyond your years.

She is very impatient with her men if they don't fall in line... :devil:
I'm very patient, I just don't put up with much. :redface:

but whatever you do, DO NOT CROSS HER! :devil:
Oh now, I am the NICEST person on Earth and you know that! :devil:

As far as wanting a boyfriend, she really doesn't want one or need one. Men to Evo are like snacks...they're good for a while, but do you really want snacks ALL the time?
That's why variety is important. :grumpy: But I would stop snacking if I found a really good entree! :tongue2:

What Evo needs is something no one can really give her...what that is, you'll have to figure out on your own...I have the answer, but I'm not telling...
I forgot that Roy has me figured out. :frown:

One last thing, does anyone really think I need to grow a mullett?
NOOOO, I agree with Moonbear, NO MULLETT! :yuck:

Roy6921 said:
Hello Everyone! I've been reading some of the past threads (some as far back as 2003) and I wish I could tell you half of what I know about Evo...

Alright, how much will it take to make you talk? I'll throw in a few bucks. Oh what the heck, name your price. :mad:

More cats? Bandaids? A few more guys at the forum falling all over themselves to get a date? A mullet?

Ivan Seeking said:
Alright, how much will it take to make you talk? I'll throw in a few bucks. Oh what the heck, name your price. :mad:

This is one collection I'm willing to contribute to! :devil:

Well, I guess it's hopeless then, for Roy6921 has said what Evo needs is something no one can really give her...

That’s too bad, for my grandfather once told me he believed a man should always give a woman what she wants, and plenty of it. Being the farming type (he planted a lot of seed :tongue: ) he had another saying; good men plow deep while sluggards sleep. Whatever Evo needs it appears more than a mortal man will be required to help her find it.

Good luck!

1. What is "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" about?

"Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" is a memoir written by a scientist named Sarah, who reflects on her past relationship with her high school sweetheart, Roy Snyder. The book follows their journey of reconnecting after many years and the lessons they learn about love and life.

2. Is "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" based on a true story?

Yes, "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" is based on the author's personal experiences and is a true story. However, some names and details may have been changed for privacy reasons.

3. What makes "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" different from other memoirs?

Unlike other memoirs, "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" focuses on a specific relationship and the impact it had on the author's life. It also delves into scientific theories and concepts, making it a unique blend of personal reflection and scientific exploration.

4. Can non-scientists still enjoy "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past"?

Yes, absolutely! While the book does touch on scientific concepts, it is written in a way that is easy for anyone to understand. The main focus of the book is on the personal story of the author and her journey with love and relationships.

5. What message does "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" convey?

The main message of "Reuniting with Roy Snyder: My Blast from the Past" is that love and relationships are complex and can change over time. It also highlights the importance of communication and forgiveness in any relationship. Ultimately, the book is a reminder to never give up on love, even when faced with challenges.