Congrats to Moonbear & Vanesch - Gokul Leaves Staff

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Gokul has left the staff in preparation for his advanced studies, Moonbear and Vanesch have been promoted to PF Mentors, and Vanesch is looking for coffee.
Please help me congratulate Moonbear and Vanesch as they've been promoted to PF Mentors. I'm sure I don't have to convince anyone how much they mean to the community. :smile:

Also related is the parting of Gokul from staff. Gokul has left in preparation for his advanced studies, please wish him the best of luck! He'll be back, we won't let him go for too long :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats to Moonbear and Vanesch! You both look good in green. :smile:

Congrats, Moonbear and Vanesch!

Wow 2 new mentors! :rolleyes:

Congrats to Moonbear and Vanesch! :smile:

Vanesch, how are things with your ants? :wink: (I really miss them because it's a long time I've not heard of them.)

congrats!
you know...there needs to be more mentors in GD... *nudges greg* :rolleyes:

Congrats, Moonbear and vanesch!!!!111

Woohoo! :biggrin:

Hey, MB, since you won't be needing your GOOBF cards anymore... :wink:

honestrosewater said:
Congrats, Moonbear and vanesch!!!!111

Woohoo! :biggrin:

Hey, MB, since you won't be needing your GOOBF cards anymore... :wink:
gimmie! I only have 7!

congrats! just saw this

Greg Bernhardt said:
Also related is the parting of Gokul from staff. Gokul has left in preparation for his advanced studies, please wish him the best of luck! He'll be back, we won't let him go for too long :tongue2:
That's nice you said he will be back, because I hate crying at parties. :wink:

They forgot to tell you that as the newest members of the PF Mentors, you have to clean the PF Mentors Den. These rowdy people have parties ALL THE TIME, and I am tired of cleaning their mess (why do you think Gokul is leaving?).

So welcome to the club. The buckets and mops are in that corner.

:)

Zz.

Congratulations Moonbear and Vanesch. Much deserved. And good luck with your studies, Gokul!

Congrats to Moonbear and Vanesch, and good luck to Gokul.

Congratulations to the new mentors !

Daniel.

congrats to the new mentors. Good choice

regards
marlon

ps dexter how is life man ?

Dammnnnn... HIPPSSS ...

I'm lllate for ... BURRRP ... my own party !

:bugeye:

WTG you two!{sniffs} I'm so proud of you!

Great now I have to suck up to 2 more mentors!

Seriously, for a second, congrats to both of you!

Congratulations Moonbear and Vanesch ! on becoming super mentors

I see Moonbear and Evo as a formidable team in GD.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! Between mopping the floors and making coffee (you wouldn't believe the mess in the mentor's den...so much for my expectations of some plush, penthouse suite; more like a dusty closet with a bunch of desks crammed in, a coffee pot and some stale donuts...Oh, I probably wasn't supposed to share that :uhh:), plus reading this instruction book in some strange language, I've barely made it in time for the party over here!

Seriously now, I'm thrilled to be invited on staff, and am just gingerly stepping my way around all these buttons on the control panel trying to avoid that big RED one that reads "self-destruct." :rofl:

I'm pretty close to becoming a mentor because I'm green with envy :biggrin:

Hey, Vanesch, where's my coffee? Oh, and Moonbear, I noticed you missed a spot near the mentor's private hot tub.

I am so happy you guys are mentor's now! Vanesch you are really needed with gokul leaving and Moonbear can help me handle the rabble in GD. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Seriously now, I'm thrilled to be invited on staff, and am just gingerly stepping my way around all these buttons on the control panel trying to avoid that big RED one that reads "self-destruct." :rofl:
Here's an idea: When - and only when - someone starts asking about solipsism or suggests that we really are in The Matrix or that they're the target of or have uncovered some vast conspiracy, delete their post. :rofl: Okay, it's probably too mean, but :rofl: You could do it a few times and fess up to it later. I'm sure no one would mind. :uhh:

Um, it's funny if you imagine how that person would interpret their post being mysteriously deleted... eh :yuck:

Last edited:
two fine choices---do the board proud.

Evo said:
Hey, Vanesch, where's my coffee? Oh, and Moonbear, I noticed you missed a spot near the mentor's private hot tub.
I'm still waiting for Vanesch to get back from the key shop so I can get into the hot tub. :grumpy: Oh, sorry, I didn't notice the coffee ran low...today's my day, tomorrow Vanesch is in charge of coffee. We're sharing the task.

I am so happy you guys are mentor's now! Vanesch you are really needed with gokul leaving and Moonbear can help me handle the rabble in GD. :biggrin:
It seems it requires two people to fill Gokul's shoes. Boy does he have big feet! :biggrin:

Moonbear, what was the role of your husband in your success?

Evo said:
Hey, Vanesch, where's my coffee?

Sorry, forgot. Here you are. Won't happen anymore, Ma'am.
And tell me when I need to do the laundry :redface:

vanesch said:
You do laundry?! :!)

vanesch said:
Sorry, forgot. Here you are. Won't happen anymore, Ma'am.
:!) :!) Oooh, Vanesch you will be a great Super Mentor! :!) :!) Good coffee by the way. :approve:

Evo said:
:!) :!) Oooh, Vanesch you will be a great Super Mentor! :!) :!) Good coffee by the way. :approve:
Oh, sure, give him the credit for the coffee. :rolleyes: I made it after careful selection of the beans, personally overseeing their roasting, grinding each one to individual, uniform size, carefully measuring the water to bean ratio, tinkering with the coffee pot to get just the right temperature, and all he does is pour it in a mug and carry it to you, and you give him all the credit. :grumpy: Just wait until it's his turn to make the coffee!

Lisa! said:
:uhh: Do I have one? Oh, do you mean Zz? Well, I didn't just use him to get to mentorhood, if that's what you're wondering. I'm also using him to get to Disney. :biggrin: :rofl: :tongue: :wink:

(Just kidding, Zz :!) )

Evo said:
Moonbear can help me handle the rabble in GD. :biggrin:
What are you talking about? She is the rabble in GD. :tongue:

Good on you both, lad and lass. It's well deserved. Best of luck to Gokul as well.
(Boy, I'm glad I got most of my off-colour Moonbear comments out of the way before she got the power of deletion.)

Lisa! said:

Oh, I want to know that one two but I digress. Good for you guys, girls, I now Moonbear is a girl, don't about Vanesch.. too. :smile:

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Do I have one? Oh, do you mean Zz? Well, I didn't just use him to get to mentorhood, if that's what you're wondering.
I know yo can't tell us what's going on in mentorhood but I almost can guess it!

Zz is borrowing your shoes and smacking others with them! And Tom is practicing how to beat people by a flounder! :uhh: Not sure but perhaps Vanesch is teaching his ants how to make coffee! :bugeye:
(you wouldn't warn me because of using lots of !s, would you? :wink: )

I'm also using him to get to Disney. :biggrin: :rofl: :tongue: :wink:

You don't need to be his wife to get to Disney by him! He'll get him eveyone to Disney if s/he show alittle interest to Disney and that kind of things. :rolleyes:

Congratulations :smile:

Lisa! said:

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Do I have one? Oh, do you mean Zz? Well, I didn't just use him to get to mentorhood, if that's what you're wondering. I'm also using him to get to Disney. :biggrin: :rofl: :tongue: :wink:

Husband? HUSBAND? {I turn around for a second and I get hitched! Why do these things keep happening?}

I will have you all know that I did NOT, NOT, influence anyone in the selection of Moonbie to be a mentor. The vote was fair and square during the election, and like a true Chicagoan, I voted more than once, and so did my pet!

So there!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Husband? HUSBAND? {I turn around for a second and I get hitched! Why do these things keep happening?}
Perhaps because of your age! :wink:

I will have you all know that I did NOT, NOT, influence anyone in the selection of Moonbie to be a mentor. The vote was fair and square during the election, and like a true Chicagoan, I voted more than once, and so did my pet!

So there!

Zz.
Sure the vote was fair, but you shouldn't be too modest. I think 1 of the most important duties f Moonbear is entertaining you during the staff parties. :cool: