PF Premium Membership Now Available

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the benefits of signing up for a premium membership include the satisfaction that you are supporting PF and securing its future, the removal of ads, the recognition graphic and italized name, the ability to set yourself invisible, the ability to create a custom title, the ability to add a signature, and the use of an avatar or upload a custom avatar. The premium membership fee is $25 for 1 year, and there is a 100 PM limit.
Support PF and receive some perks by signing up for a premium membership!

Benefits
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting PF and securing it's future
  • No ads
  • Recognition graphic and italized name
  • Ability to set yourself invisible
  • Create a custom title
  • Add a signature
  • Choose an avatar or upload a custom avatar 64/64
  • Upload profile photo
  • 100 PM limit (default is 25)
  • View whos online
  • View/Post/Manage user notes

Fee: $25 for 1 year ($2/m, price of a pack of candy)

I have taken into consideration everyones budgets and I have come up with a very reduced fee.

To sign up goto your usercp and on the left sidebard find "paid subscriptions". Or click here: https://www.physicsforums.com/subscriptions.php [Broken]

You can pay through paypal with several major credit cards and check cards in USD, Euro or British Pounds. If for some reason you don't have access to a credit card please email me and you can send a check or money order.

Please take this opportunity to show your appreciation and support for PF so that we may continue to function at a high level.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cool, thanks! :smile:

anthonyryan said:
Cool, thanks! :smile:

Your welcome!

Let me know if anyone has problems, the system should be fully automated and the benefits immediate.

I just payed at pay pal. Ooooh. I'm a contributor! :biggrin:

Hm... $13 in my wallet.. Dinner or donate... Wait, I don't have $25! Problem solved.

I wish I weren't so poor. =\

cookiemonster

I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

since i see things listed for premium members that are currently available, such as seeing the people that are online. then i guess those features would be removed for non-premium members.

Is it $25 USD ?

cipher said:
since i see things listed for premium members that are currently available, such as seeing the people that are online. then i guess those features would be removed for non-premium members.

The "Whos Online" page which gives greater detail is only for premium members.

Is it $25 USD ?

$25
£13.60
€20.60

Huzzah! :biggrin:

Now why do I feel dirty?

Chen said:
Huzzah! :biggrin:

Now why do I feel dirty?

Haha, you of all people should not complain when in a month or so hopefully we buy hivemail.
:wink: :smile:

Can i have details of payment by cheque?

hey greg i can see who is online now. so what i was asking is if it would be removed.

hey greg i can see who is online now. so what i was asking is if it would be removed.
The page or just the list of the homepage?

GREG,
paypal keeps telling me i already have an account and asking for my password,
since i have never used PP I am baffled, i have tried "forgoten password", several
times, but i do not get a return post, my E MAIL is working ok.
can you give alternate payment method. what happened to life membership?

You probably used an accountname that was already reserved by someone else? Try setting up a new PP account with another name.

wolram said:
GREG,
paypal keeps telling me i already have an account and asking for my password,
since i have never used PP I am baffled, i have tried "forgoten password", several
times, but i do not get a return post, my E MAIL is working ok.
can you give alternate payment method. what happened to life membership?

wolram, you don't need an account with paypal to pay through paypal. I've added a longer 6yr subscription with a year discount.

finally it worked, i had 10 E Mails from PP all together, was it a
constipated server? who's ugliest me or GB?

wolram said:
finally it worked, i had 10 E Mails from PP all together, was it a
constipated server? who's ugliest me or GB?

You calling harry henderson ugly, oh boy! Good thing I'm not going to tell him! :biggrin:

btw, I've super sized harry, muahaha

Last edited:
So, everyone who has the premium membership, are you enjoying it? Let's tell the "regulars" what their missing :smile:

its a bit like the DRUIDS, you have to commit befor you get the
privelages of the inner sanctum, it makes me drool just thinking
about it, :biggrin:

The extra perks are definitely worth it. :biggrin: For anyone that likes to send private messages, having an allocation of 100 messages sure beats the heck out of the 25 default limit. It's worth the $2 a month just for that!

Greg, once I recover form the 50 Bazillion dollars I just shelled out on home repairs, I want to donate memberships to a few people. Will there be some way to do that through paypal, or will I need to send you a check and tell you who they are?

Evo, you are a great person :biggrin:

But I almost never use the private message feature. Anything else? Well that, and I'm not a hot chick so I never get private messages.

Last edited:
The_Professional said:
But I almost never use the private message feature. Anything else? Well that, and I'm not a hot chick so I never get private messages.
Awww, I'll flood your pm box! :tongue:

Well, you can be invisible when you want. You can change custom avatars, not that I ever change mine. :wink: You get to customize your registered user status (as you had prior to the change). No ads. You get the pleasure of knowing you're supporting PF to keep it available for those that can't pay, and you get that spiffy contributor banner. :biggrin:

You get to join the wild contributor's only parties (well, if we had wild contributor's only parties). :frown:

I've noticed a bunch of new things I can do in user CP, not sure if those are available to non contributors.

I'm very glad that non-paying members still get to keep their old avatars. :biggrin:

Go Habs!

Evo said:
You get to join the wild contributor's only parties (well, if we had wild contributor's only parties). :frown:

A real life Physics Forum get together for everybody. How about that? sounds like a good idea :cool:

EDIT - get together for Mentors and Members

Last edited:
Dagenais said:
I'm very glad that non-paying members still get to keep their old avatars. :biggrin:

Go Habs!
Maybe Greg should take them away? Hmmm...

Dagenais said:
Go Habs!

Thanks for bringing that up. Now we have you to THANK FOR when that is taken away.

Ummm...yeah.

Zero said:
Ummm...yeah.

haha..I see, shouldn't it say PF Mentor

I'm more than happy to help the forums in any way I can.

Wish I could do more, but being a poor college student, there is only so much one can do...

Elkay, I think it is so wonderful when a person so new to the forum makes the effort to contribute!

I've noticed several other relatively new members have also contributed. That is really great.

BTW, you are really cute! :smile:

Yeah... good times, right? So why don't I see a "PF Contributor" thingy?

Greg Bernhardt said:
  • View/Post/Manage user notes
What are User Notes?

<h2>1. What is PF Premium Membership?</h2><p>PF Premium Membership is a subscription-based service offered by PF (short for "Professional Forum") that provides exclusive access to advanced features and content on our platform.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of PF Premium Membership?</h2><p>As a PF Premium Member, you will have access to features such as personalized content recommendations, advanced search options, and the ability to save and organize your favorite posts. You will also have access to exclusive content, such as expert interviews and in-depth analysis of industry trends.</p><h2>3. How much does PF Premium Membership cost?</h2><p>The cost of PF Premium Membership varies depending on the subscription plan you choose. Our monthly plan is $9.99 per month, while our annual plan is $99.99 per year. We also offer a free trial for new members to try out the service before committing to a subscription.</p><h2>4. Can I cancel my PF Premium Membership?</h2><p>Yes, you can cancel your PF Premium Membership at any time. If you cancel during your free trial period, you will not be charged. If you cancel after your trial period, your membership will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.</p><h2>5. How do I sign up for PF Premium Membership?</h2><p>To sign up for PF Premium Membership, simply click on the "Upgrade to Premium" button on our website and follow the prompts to choose your subscription plan and enter your payment information. You will then have instant access to all the benefits of being a PF Premium Member.</p>

1. What is PF Premium Membership?

PF Premium Membership is a subscription-based service offered by PF (short for "Professional Forum") that provides exclusive access to advanced features and content on our platform.

2. What are the benefits of PF Premium Membership?

As a PF Premium Member, you will have access to features such as personalized content recommendations, advanced search options, and the ability to save and organize your favorite posts. You will also have access to exclusive content, such as expert interviews and in-depth analysis of industry trends.

3. How much does PF Premium Membership cost?

The cost of PF Premium Membership varies depending on the subscription plan you choose. Our monthly plan is $9.99 per month, while our annual plan is $99.99 per year. We also offer a free trial for new members to try out the service before committing to a subscription.

4. Can I cancel my PF Premium Membership?

Yes, you can cancel your PF Premium Membership at any time. If you cancel during your free trial period, you will not be charged. If you cancel after your trial period, your membership will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.

5. How do I sign up for PF Premium Membership?

To sign up for PF Premium Membership, simply click on the "Upgrade to Premium" button on our website and follow the prompts to choose your subscription plan and enter your payment information. You will then have instant access to all the benefits of being a PF Premium Member.