My Answer: Explanation of Solutions for Electricity and Magnetism Problems

In summary, the conversation discussed three problems involving electrical potential, electrical field, and charges. The first problem asked for the distance at which a charge of 0.1x10^-6 C needs to be placed with opposite sign in order for the potential at that point to be null. The answer to this problem is 1.5m. The second problem involved three charges forming a triangle and asked for the total potential energy of the system. The answer to this problem is -24.6x10^3 J. The third problem involved two parallel metallic badges and asked for the charge per unit area on their surfaces when connected to a source with a potential difference of 90 V. The answer to this problem is -3.
Arkangelunix
good afternoon, these are my problems, I already tried to solve them but my anwers isn't well:

1-the electrical potential at certain distance of a charge of 600 V. and the electrical field is 200 N/C. At what distance of this charge is it necessary to place a charge of 0.1x10 ^-6 C and the opposite sign for that the potential in the same point is null?
My Answer: 1.5m

2-three charge q1 = 1.5x10 ^-3 C, q2 = 0.5x10 ^-3 C and q2 = 0.2x10 ^-3 C are distributed in a plane, forming a triangle. The straight line that it joins q1 with q3 measures 1 m, the straight line that it joins q2 with q3 measures 0.5 m and the angle that both straight lines form is 30 °. Which is the potential entire energy of the system?

My answer: -24.6x10^3 J

3-Two metallic big and parallel badges are placed at a distance of 0.5 cm between both. if between them there gets connected a source of electrical energy which difference of electrical potential is 90 V.: Which will be the charge for unit of area in the surface of the badges?

my answer: -3.2x10^-7 C/m^2

thnks for att.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you tell us how you got your answers so that we can find any mistakes you made? You don't have to post long explanations; just show what equations you used and what numbers you plugged in.

What is electricity?

Electricity is a form of energy that is created by the movement of electrons. It can be generated through various means, such as chemical reactions, friction, and electromagnetic induction.

What is magnetism?

Magnetism is a force that can attract or repel objects made of certain materials, such as iron or nickel. It is caused by the alignment of electrons in atoms, creating a magnetic field.

How are electricity and magnetism related?

Electricity and magnetism are closely related because they are both forms of energy and can be converted into one another. When an electric current flows through a wire, it creates a magnetic field, and a changing magnetic field can induce an electric current.

What are some practical applications of electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism have numerous practical applications in our daily lives. They are used in power generation, motors, telecommunications, medical imaging, and many other technologies.

What are some famous laws and principles in electricity and magnetism?

Some famous laws and principles in electricity and magnetism include Ohm's law, which relates current, voltage, and resistance, and Faraday's law of induction, which describes how changing magnetic fields can induce an electric current.