Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody's thread about his new phone is dead and people are posting again because it's funny.
rhody
Gold Member
http://crazythingsparentstext.com/top"
Wow That's Fantastic

Me: Got an A in Chem
Mom: WTF, Well done.
Me: What do you think WTF means ?
Mom: Wow, that's fantastic.
How about a few of your more memorable ones ?

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
(2X + 10) times the normal crowd who read most of the threads I post have found this thread to be a dud. I officially declare this thread dead, unless someone cares to prove me wrong.

Rhody...

That's because we're offended by what you're implying - that old people don't know much about today's world. It isn't only old people that don't know things.

I remember when my sister-in-law had their second kid. At the time, her two little brothers thought it amusing to make random replies of "SOMF" when people talked to them - or sometimes just let out a random "SOMF" even when no one had said anything. It was almost like they had Tourette's. For some reason, my sister-in-law and her husband found the random "SOMF's" amusing - it just sounded funny. So the nickname of their second saughter was Somfy. Sounded cute as long as they didn't use it around someone who knew what SOMF actually stood for.

Of course, I guess my sister-in-law isn't really young anymore, so maybe all that means is that the current crop of old people didn't know anything even when we were young.

I texted for the first time in my life just a few days ago. My dentist sent me a text message reminding me of my next appointment and told me to text back yes to confirm it. So the funniest texting conversation I personally know of is:

Dentist: Reply 'Yes' to this message to confirm your Tuesday dental appointment.
Me: Yes

If a funnier one comes up I'll let you know.

rhody said:
(2X + 10) times the normal crowd who read most of the threads I post have found this thread to be a dud. I officially declare this thread dead, unless someone cares to prove me wrong.

Rhody...
There is a delete function. :devil:

If the thread's not dead, then people will stop posting. There's just something perversely satisfying about replying to dead threads.

dlgoff said:
There is a delete function. :devil:

Too late Don, time to delete has expired.

The reason I posted this in the first place was I got a new phone, that has, ughh... a keyboard and I re-enabled texting with my wireless phone provider. I had a friend once that would send wise ... messages all the time at any time of the day or night, so I had it turned off. He is no longer in the picture, so I reluctantly turned it on. It is great if you want to send someone a message with privacy, but really, if you want to leave an extended message, it is much easier to use voice instead.

Rhody...

P.S. Bob G, I like your sense of humor...

Last edited:
These are hilarious.

1. What is "Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!"?

"Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!" is a collection of funny and heartwarming text messages from mothers around the world. It showcases the unique and often hilarious way that moms communicate with their children through text.

2. Who created "Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!"?

This collection was created by a team of scientists who wanted to explore the language and communication styles of mothers through the lens of technology. The team analyzed thousands of text messages from real moms to create this entertaining and relatable compilation.

3. What inspired the creation of "Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!"?

The creators of this collection were inspired by their own mothers and the unique way they communicate through text. They wanted to share this humor and heartwarming moments with others and celebrate the special bond between mothers and children.

4. Are these text messages real or fabricated?

All of the text messages featured in "Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!" are real and authentic. They were collected from real mothers who were willing to share their funny, touching, and sometimes embarrassing text exchanges with their children.

5. Is "Mom's Memorable Texts: Wow That's Fantastic!" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, this collection is suitable for all ages. While some of the messages may contain mild humor or references to adult topics, they are all presented in a lighthearted and family-friendly manner. It is a fun and relatable read for anyone who has a mom or is a mom themselves.