Electrical schematic troubleshooting program?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a program that can help design and test schematics before building them. Various options are mentioned, including pspice and LTSpice, with the latter being chosen as the preferred option. The possibility of seeking advice on schematics is also mentioned.
BhutJolokia
I was wondering if there was a simple program out there that would help me design and toubleshoot schematics I draw? For example, I have a schematic for a power supply that takes a 6.5k "core and coil" transformer and ups the voltage to 15k to supply a Van de Graaff generator. Now, the problem is I want to test a few things about it, including the 1 megohm resistor on the ground, before I actually build this thing.

So, is there a program out there that will allow me to test stuff like this out before I build it and toubleshoot it for real? I'm sure there is I have just missed it, or not been searching google properly. Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you looked at using pspice?

I had not. It seems there is a student edition available for free for use by anyone, so I will try it out!

Yea I wasn't looking for electronics circuit simulators like a dolt. Thanks!

BhutJolokia said:
I had not. It seems there is a student edition available for free for use by anyone, so I will try it out!

LTSpice is a good free option.

I think LTSpice is what I am looking for. I've downloaded it with no issues so far and hopefully it will help me figure out if this design is efficient and actually works.

Am I allowed to post schematics on here to get some advice on?

1. What is an electrical schematic troubleshooting program?

An electrical schematic troubleshooting program is a computer program that is used to analyze and diagnose problems in electrical systems. It uses diagrams and charts to visually represent the circuitry and can identify faulty components or connections.

2. How does an electrical schematic troubleshooting program work?

The program works by taking in data about the electrical system, such as circuit diagrams and component specifications, and using algorithms to analyze the information. It can then pinpoint areas where there may be issues and provide suggestions for troubleshooting and repairs.

3. What are the benefits of using an electrical schematic troubleshooting program?

One of the main benefits is that it can save time and effort in diagnosing and fixing electrical issues. It can also help to prevent errors and mistakes that may occur when trying to troubleshoot manually. Additionally, the program can handle complex systems and provide a more thorough analysis.

4. Is an electrical schematic troubleshooting program user-friendly?

Many programs are designed to be user-friendly, with easy-to-use interfaces and clear instructions. However, some programs may require more technical knowledge and experience to navigate effectively. It is important to choose a program that suits your level of expertise.

5. Can an electrical schematic troubleshooting program be used for all types of electrical systems?

Most programs are designed to be compatible with a wide range of electrical systems, including industrial, commercial, and residential. However, it is important to check the specifications and capabilities of the program to ensure it is suitable for the specific system you are working with.