Looking for learning resources - Precalc 12

In summary, the conversation is about finding learning resources for understanding expansions/compressions of graphs, specifically in regards to writing the function. The person has gone over all the material they have but is still struggling, and has tried searching on Khan Academy with no luck. Another person suggests checking the first link on the forums labeled "Learning Resources" and watching YouTube videos for visual explanations. The person agrees to give it a try.
Sn0man
Does anyone know where I might find some learning resources on expansions/compressions of graphs - in particular, taking the compressions/expansions/translations and writing the function?

I'm finding this very counter-intuitive and have gone over all the material I have on the subject for the course but I'm still struggling with it. I've tried to find something for this on the Khan site but no results when I did the search. So if anyone knows any great resources for learning this i'd appreciate it.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Sn0man said:
Does anyone know where I might find some learning resources on expansions/compressions of graphs - in particular, taking the compressions/expansions/translations and writing the function?

I'm finding this very counter-intuitive and have gone over all the material I have on the subject for the course but I'm still struggling with it. I've tried to find something for this on the Khan site but no results when I did the search. So if anyone knows any great resources for learning this i'd appreciate it.

Try the first link of the forums labeled "Learning Resources".

Klungo said:
Try the first link of the forums labeled "Learning Resources".

That was the first place I looked.

Sorry about that, my phone froze.

I checked the label and saw a pretty small inventory. When I had trouble learning trigonometry, I went on youtube and watched them do 2 or 3 examples.

You visually see what they refer to as they explain the concept. Usually, they're less than 10 minutes videos and you'll get more out of it than texts.

Klungo said:
Sorry about that, my phone froze.

I checked the label and saw a pretty small inventory. When I had trouble learning trigonometry, I went on youtube and watched them do 2 or 3 examples.

You visually see what they refer to as they explain the concept. Usually, they're less than 10 minutes videos and you'll get more out of it than texts.

Good idea - i'll give it a look and see if I can find something on there.

Thanks

lol ucd

1. What is Precalculus 12?

Precalculus 12 is a high school level math course that covers topics such as algebra, trigonometry, and analytic geometry. It is typically taken by students in their senior year and prepares them for college-level calculus.

2. What are some good learning resources for Precalculus 12?

Some good learning resources for Precalculus 12 include textbooks, online tutorials and practice problems, Khan Academy, and study guides. Your school may also have additional resources such as review sessions or peer tutoring.

3. How can I improve my understanding of Precalculus 12?

To improve your understanding of Precalculus 12, it is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed. You can also try different learning methods, such as visual aids or group study sessions, to find what works best for you.

4. Are there any online resources specifically for Precalculus 12?

Yes, there are many online resources specifically for Precalculus 12. Some examples include MathHelp.com, Brightstorm, and Virtual Nerd. These websites offer video lessons, practice problems, and other helpful materials for students studying Precalculus 12.

5. How can I prepare for a Precalculus 12 exam?

To prepare for a Precalculus 12 exam, it is important to review your notes and practice problems regularly. You can also use study guides or online resources to help you review important concepts. It is also helpful to get a good night's sleep and eat a healthy breakfast before the exam.