What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story

• Schools
  • Thread starter alex caps
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the Intel Talent Search and Siemens Westinghouse competition. The participants discuss their projects, with one focusing on aerogel and the other on saving laptop battery. They also mention deadlines and patents.
alex caps
If so, state what your topic is and where you are from, I am just curous to see what others are doing. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm holding out for the Intel Talent Search. I thought about it, but I would have had to hurry my thesis paper to turn it in by the deadline.

What's your project about?

Paden Roder

Well.. funny story. I was working at RPI in a chem lab all summer and then out to california for a sol-gel conference for 2 weeks and got home a few days before school started up (tuesday after labor day). I thought that the Siemen's comp. had the same deadlines as the Intel, and when I saw it wasn't, I quickly got to work. I have since came up with a project, pursued it, and written 90% of my paper. A lot of work and sleepless nights but I think I did a pretty good job on it. I am doing my project on aerogel (do a search on google if curious) and I made a capsule incorporating it into a devise used to store insulin for diabetics. What are you working on?

sounds like a cool project alex.. I am not doing a project for this competition though. my partner wanted to, but we are just starting a project this year and we have nothing to continue on. way too late for us (i think :cry: ) oo well. l8r

Yeah, aerogel is some pretty cool stuff. I incorperated it in a NASA design contest in Houston last year. Nice project.

Mine has to do with saving your battery in your laptop. I'm working on getting a patent in conjunction with the university I am working with though, so I can't go through with the specifics.

Good luck on the Siemens Westinghouse comp.

Paden Roder

so is anyone?

1. What is the purpose of "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story"?

The purpose of "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story" is to provide a platform for individuals to share their experiences and stories with others. This can help inspire and motivate others, as well as create a sense of community and connection.

2. How can I participate in "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story"?

To participate in "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story", you can submit your story through the designated submission form on the website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and provide all necessary information, such as your name and contact information.

3. What types of stories can be shared in "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story"?

"What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story" welcomes a wide range of stories, including personal experiences, successes, challenges, and lessons learned. These stories can be related to various topics such as career, education, personal growth, or any other aspect of life.

4. How will my story be used if I share it in "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story"?

Your story will be shared on the website for others to read and learn from. It may also be used for promotional purposes, such as social media posts or newsletters. Your personal information will be kept confidential and will not be shared without your consent.

5. Can I remain anonymous if I share my story in "What Are Others Doing? - Share Your Story"?

Yes, you can choose to remain anonymous when submitting your story. Just indicate this in the submission form and your personal information will not be shared on the website or any other platforms.