IPhone vs Blackberry: Which One Do You Prefer?

• Thread starter ideasrule
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iphone
In summary, the iPhone is better than the Blackberry Storm and Droid because it has the app store and some really nice features.

iPhone or Blackberry?

• iPhone

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • never used either

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
ideasrule
Homework Helper
Which one do you prefer? Why?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Depends on what you are using it for but overall I would say iPhone. The iPhone has the app store and some really nice features. Blackberry is great for work emails. I think the new Droid from Verizon tops them both though.

It really comes down to personal preference, if you hate typing on a touch screen the iPhone isn't for you. If you only use your phone for email, text, and some occasional web browsing and like a real keyboard then blackberry is for you. If you want the cool features of an iPhone and the real keyboard, then the Droid is a good bet.

If the only question is the phone itself, I'd probably say iPhone. I own a Blackberry Storm and though it is good, it isn't as good as the iPhone.

However, by far the best service in my area comes from Verizon, which doesn't sell the iPhone, so I didn't really consider getting one. No matter how good it is, it isn't worth switching.

Why aren't you considering the other direct competitor, the new droid?

I also wonder why the Droid isn't here considered.

The iPhone looks really useful, but it's way too expensive for my budget (requires a $100/mo data plan!). Also, I get zero AT&T reception in my apartment, despite the fact that I'm in the middle of Los Angeles.

I have a BlackBerry Pearl, and have only email in the data plan (not full internet). I find it incredibly useful, being able to receive emails instantly (both on my personal and school addresses).

russ_watters said:
If the only question is the phone itself, I'd probably say iPhone. I own a Blackberry Storm and though it is good, it isn't as good as the iPhone.

However, by far the best service in my area comes from Verizon, which doesn't sell the iPhone, so I didn't really consider getting one. No matter how good it is, it isn't worth switching.

Why aren't you considering the other direct competitor, the new droid?

I went to buy the storm the day they came out but they were sold out by the time I got there. Glad that happened. I hate the touch screen. And the Verizon network is by far better than AT&T so if you have the choice, go with the Droid.

tmyer2107 said:
It really comes down to personal preference
Couldn't have said it better myself! Only way to tell if you're looking at getting one is to go to a store and play with one of each for about an hour and get a feel for them.

tmyer2107 said:
[...] if you hate typing on a touch screen the iPhone isn't for you.

That's not ENTIRELY true... Chances are you might not like it, but the iPhone doesn't have the same type of touchscreen as most other phones. It's actually heat sensitive which makes it incredibly accurate. The only downfall to that is that you can't use something like a stylus or your fingernail on the screen. But the experience is completely different from most other touchscreen phones, and it makes it a lot easier to use.

Everything else you said was spot on though.

Ben Niehoff said:
(requires a $100/mo data plan!)

Dunno who told you that, but that's INSANELY incorrect. It requires a $30/mo data plan. All of AT&T's smartphones/PDA's do.

tmyer2107 said:
And the Verizon network is by far better than AT&T so if you have the choice, go with the Droid.

Unless you want to go oversea's of course.. In which case you're pretty much screwed if you have Verizon haha

Also technically the Verizon network isn't better than AT&T's network. The problem is that so many people have iPhones on our network, and a single iPhone takes up so much space on our network (5x more than any other smartphone/PDA that has been created thus far), that the entire network is full. The towers are packed with information because of the iPhones, which makes reception sloppy at best in major areas. Nationwide, Verizon has BIGGER coverage, but overall (leaving out the iPhone overload) AT&T's network is BETTER.

Come mid-next year AT&T's towers will be updated to accommodate the iPhone usage, and you'll understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Kronos5253 said:
That's not ENTIRELY true... Chances are you might not like it, but the iPhone doesn't have the same type of touchscreen as most other phones. It's actually heat sensitive which makes it incredibly accurate. The only downfall to that is that you can't use something like a stylus or your fingernail on the screen. But the experience is completely different from most other touchscreen phones, and it makes it a lot easier to use.

You're right. The iPhone is MUCH better than other touch screens. I still prefer a slide out keyboard but now that I really think about it the touch screen on the iPhone would't be a deal breaker for me. It is surprisingly accurate and the other features makes up for the lack of keyboard.

The new google android phones have a lot of apps, if that's what you want. The Google Hero is getting rave reviews. The HTC touch pro 2 is an excellent phone.

The Evo Child loves her Palm Pre.

Option 4: I've used both, but prefer my TracPhone as my bill is less than $10 per month. :rofl:

1. What are the main differences between an iPhone and a Blackberry?

The main differences between an iPhone and a Blackberry are the operating systems, design, and features. The iPhone runs on iOS and has a touchscreen design, while Blackberry devices typically have a physical keyboard and run on their own operating system. iPhones also tend to have more advanced features, such as facial recognition and a larger app store, while Blackberry devices are known for their strong security features.

2. Which phone has a longer battery life?

The battery life of a phone depends on the specific model and usage, so it is difficult to say which one has a longer battery life. However, generally speaking, Blackberry devices tend to have a longer battery life than iPhones. This is due to Blackberry's focus on efficiency and optimization for business use.

3. Which phone is better for business use?

Both the iPhone and Blackberry have features that make them suitable for business use. However, Blackberry devices have a reputation for being more business-oriented due to their strong security features, physical keyboard, and efficient design. iPhones also have features that can benefit businesses, such as a larger app store and advanced communication tools.

4. Which phone has a better camera?

iPhones are known for having high-quality cameras, with each new model often improving on the previous one. Blackberry devices typically have decent cameras, but they are not as advanced as iPhones. However, this may not be a significant factor for those who primarily use their phone for business purposes.

5. Which phone is more expensive?

Again, the cost of a phone depends on the specific model and any deals or promotions. However, iPhones tend to be more expensive than Blackberry devices. This is due to their advanced features, design, and strong brand recognition. Blackberry devices are generally more affordable and can be a good option for those on a budget.