I never had friend in my life I need physics freinds and cool science friends.

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's loneliness and desire for friends who share their interest in science. They discuss the possibility of finding friends in a physics club or in the UK, where the speaker will be studying. They also mention the difficulty of finding like-minded people and the speaker's unique qualities. They end with the speaker expressing their desire for friendship and asking about the other person's identity.
...Hey Kiran...
hello...
First let me introduce myself. My name is Shivpal, I am an Indian, and am a 1st Year MS student at IISER Mohali(The Heaven for Science students in India). I've read almost all of the posts here. So, you don't have friends, and that's a greater problem than the experimental confirmation of String theory.

When i was a child, i never used to go out and play with other children, because i liked to sit alone and do my own work, i was excellent at studies, but didn't had any good friends. Then as I grew up i started playing outdoor games, i started with cricket, which i soon left because it had 9 spectators and 4 players on field, and then i tried my hand on Soccer, Basketball and Volleyball, if you have a brilliant mind you can easily master these games. But the most beautiful gift i got from these was friends. So i recommend you to go out and play some sports, at first people may be unwelcoming but they will adopt you, as you adapt the game.

Now, taking about other things, you said that people here don't like science they love money and rather go for engineering. I agree. But still there is a creed of nerds like us lurking all over the place. The best example i can give is of myself. I cleared the JEE(rank 5633), AIEEE also, but I kicked the engineering institutes, because all I had always wanted to be was a Scientist, I joined IISER. We have the Best teachers of science you can find in India, most of them are working scientists.

Like you I never use Bad language, once I punched the face of an opponent on the Soccer field for calling me something i don't want to tell here, his nose started bleeding. But then i felt that somewhere i was wrong too. You say you talk about life much, me too. People generally don't like these kinds of talks, but i never care i talk to anyone i get close to me, i talk about Physics, most of my jokes are scientific, some people don't understand them, but at IISER most of them do, and they do laugh on my jokes seriously, lol.

And if you say you like thinking and talking about life, then why don't you like living the live to the fullest, i mean that you say you don't like movies and parties, that means that you are missing a whole chunk of happiness from the cake of life. You say you never lie, same here. But I think you have lied a little bit here, its not bad to lie for some good, you say you don't like movies, but you have made an excellent video yourself, and I think you want to say you don't watch much movies, but still its is recommended to watch some good flicks to learn some good Directing and Acting skills to make better videos. I don't watch much movies too, (fact i watched 0 movies in the years 2006-08), but still i like editing videos, making my own videos with vfx, i have just downloaded Moviestorm free software for making 3d animations, i like editing photos via Photoshop, composing my own music with Flp.

I am a lot like you but still a lot different. The biggest difference is this - I have many good friends, who will do anything for me. You too can have friends, they are easy to find, all you have to do is to search for them in the correct place and also adjust a little bit. i have evolved much from the time when i had no friends at all to the time when i have so many loving people all around me. As i said you have to adjust, I never use bad language, but also the thing is that i don't care if someone else uses it, at first they will use bad words for you but if you don't care about it and reply politely, then they will slowly start to be polite with you too, but still here is an adjustment to make that you can't stop them from using those words for others. If you want to have a good friend then you have to sacrifice a bit for it. Most of my friends are good at Science, but still i have to adjust a bit on the language thing.

You think that movies, sports and girls are waste of time, i agree to a length but not fully. If taken in a controlled amount they help you to live your life better. I was quite shy at school, i never talked to girls, but dude mark my words, girls like nerds ;-) (fact Schrodinger solved a new math problem and dated a new girl), they reached me but i never replied comfortably, then i started to be a bit less shy, built up my confidence by speaking in front of the whole school on the stage, and now in college they call me the Rockstar because i hosted the odd-sem-cultural-event in my first sem in the college and i sang a song and played a character in a drama too. And after such social and cultural activities your mind gets relaxed and you can improve your nerdiness, and surely you can make friends and fans.

So, my dear geeky, nerdy, science loving friend, if i clear even the preliminary stages of the criteria of being your friend please consider me as one, and if you want to know more about me (as u don't know how i look like) please join Facebook and you can see my profile http://www.facebook.com/shivpal , i would like to have another science lover as my friend.

It will be a pleasure to know if i was helpful or not. And remember keep on making friends, interact more with people, and one day you will find the Best friend of your life. That's, quite long but, all.

Yours Friendly,

...Shivpal...

Physics news on Phys.org
What a wonderful post, Shivpal! Welcome to PF!

Everyone here is being terribly nice to you OP. However you sound like you need a verbal slapping more than support, even from the responces you've givin in this thread it's clear you need to get over yourself.

You don't have any friends becuase you are coming off as too egotistical and condecending in your responce to people. That annoys peoplem it's not jealousy they just don't like being looked down on.

Take Shivpal, another academic based chap who shares most of your views. He has friends as he actively engages with people, and doesn't look down on them.

/tough love

EDIT: Is it confirmend you have Asbergers? If so I may have to revise some of the above as I realize it can be difficult to engage with people on an emotional level.

As I understand it, AS means you have difficulties reading others, this is no excuse for looking down on them though.

Last edited:
xxChrisxx said:
Everyone here is being terribly nice to you OP. However you sound like you need a verbal slapping more than support, even from the responces you've givin in this thread it's clear you need to get over yourself.

You don't have any friends becuase you are coming off as too egotistical and condecending in your responce to people. That annoys peoplem it's not jealousy they just don't like being looked down on.

Take Shivpal, another academic based chap who shares most of your views. He has friends as he actively engages with people, and doesn't look down on them.

/tough love

EDIT: Is it confirmend you have Asbergers? If so I may have to revise some of the above as I realize it can be difficult to engage with people on an emotional level.

As I understand it, AS means you have difficulties reading others, this is no excuse for looking down on them though.

I am sorry, you completely misunderstood me.
I never achieved any thing in my life. why would I be egoistic?

Math Is Hard said:
What a wonderful post, Shivpal! Welcome to PF!

Understand math.
math is not hard.

Shivpal said:
...Hey Kiran...
hello...
First let me introduce myself. My name is Shivpal, I am an Indian, and am a 1st Year MS student at IISER Mohali(The Heaven for Science students in India). I've read almost all of the posts here. ...... his nose started bleeding. But then i felt that scommended to watch some good flicks to learn some good Directing and Acting skills to make better videos. I don't watch much uses it, at first they will use bad words for you but if you don't care about it and reply politely, then they will slowly start to be pol
Yours Friendly,

...Shivpal...

play huh?

I am always ready to play but... man it's very difficult for me to say.

My situations are different and yours is different.

may be one day ?!?

I might get friends.

thank you for the friendly nature of yours.

xxChrisxx said:

/tough love

I always did ... hell lot of stuff to attract people.
but they just ignore science stuff...

I've misunderstood nothing, it's amazing how much personality comes across in forum posts.

You look down on people, viewing youself as superior to thouse around you. If you act like this IRL, people WILL dislike you.
My interests are unique.
I talk like Philosopher.
and I don't like to be a layman.
PEOPLE with similar interest ?
LOL
you are very funny ...

The above quotes all showcase how you view people around you. The manner in which you speak, may be down to AS, which I understand. However looking down on someone becuase they enjoy cricket, is not caused by AS. YOU may not like cricket, but that doesn't make it a less valied interest.

People don't become friends with you becuase of how impressive your CV is. They become friends with you because they like you. It's perfectly reasonable to find someone else who has an interest in science. It's also perfectly reasonable to have outsides interests, as they make you a more rounded individual.

There may also be a definition of firend, that is causing an issue. Do you have anyone that you speak to regulally? You may not consider them a 'friend' per se, but an acquaintance? I only have a few people I would consider to be true friends, but I speak to many people.

Last edited:
xxChrisxx said:
I've misunderstood nothing, it's amazing how much personality comes across in forum posts.

You look down on people, viewing youself as superior to thouse around you. If you act like this IRL, people WILL dislike you.

The above quotes all showcase how you view people around you. The manner in which you speak, may be down to AS, which I understand. However looking down on someone becuase they enjoy cricket, is not caused by AS. YOU may not like cricket, but that doesn't make it a less valied interest.

People don't become friends with you becuase of how impressive your CV is. They become friends with you because they like you. It's perfectly reasonable to find someone else who has an interest in science. It's also perfectly reasonable to have outsides interests, as they make you a more rounded individual.

There may also be a definition of firend, that is causing an issue. Do you have anyone that you speak to regulally? You may not consider them a 'friend' per se, but an acquaintance? I only have a few people I would consider to be true friends, but I speak to many people.
I am sorry again...

I respect people.
I said it cos ..it was for my ruined classmates, being physics students .. they are just layman.
join my college and you will say it by your self.

xxChrisxx said:

Proud is bad..
ego is bad..

I already said I don't have any bad stuff ...
this is why I am special ...and unique.

SBC said:
I am sorry again...

I respect people.
I said it cos ..it was for my ruined classmates, being physics students .. they are just layman.
join my college and you will say it by your self.

Just becuase they are laymen, does NOT make them unworthy of being friends. Which is essentially what you are saying.

SBC said:
Proud is bad..
ego is bad..

I already said I don't have any bad stuff ...
this is why I am special ...and unique.

Irony defined.

You say ego is bad. Do you realize how egostistical (and ironic) it is to say that you don't have any faults, that is why you are special? You are saying (and you believe) you are superior to your peers, which is the very definition of egotistical.

Noone on this planet is perfect, we all have faults. It's our faults that make us individuals, it's our faults that make us interesing as people. Being good at an academic subject, does not make you a better person.

Last edited:
xxChrisxx said:
Just becuase they are laymen, does NOT make them unworthy of being friends. Which is essentially what you are saying.

Irony defined.

You say ego is bad. Do you realize how egostistical (and ironic) it is to say that you don't have any faults, that is why you are special? You are saying (and you believe) you are superior to your peers, which is the very definition of egotistical.

Noone on this planet is perfect, we all have faults. It's our faults that make us individuals, it's our faults that make us interesing as people. Being good at an academic subject, does not make you a better person.
when I said that, I am perfect ?

I will be always a student.

who said I am good at academic ??

I am still learning OK.
there are far better people than me !

SBC said:
when I said that, I am perfect ?

I will be always a student.

who said I am good at academic ??

I am still learning OK.
there are far better people than me !

Perhaps what you are saying is losing something in translation.

xxChrisxx said:
Perhaps what you are saying is losing something in translation.

I am not lying and no proud.
watch this !

this is my physics class room I am only the one who is present after new year

I suffered this a lot all my 3 years same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGZpLSr0baQ&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGZpLSr0baQ&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like everyone had the day off!

If you want to make a friend, perhaps you should go where people are, instead of an empty classroom.

SBC said:
I am not lying and no proud.
watch this !

this is my physics class room I am only the one who is present after new year

I believe you that they all are probably rubbish students compared to you. However my comment wasn't about you not telling the truth.

I assume English isn't your first language, though you speak it very well. My comment was that sometimes non native speakers of english, can come across as rude with the way they phrase things. I realize that it was unintentional, but the way you phrased things made it seem as though you see yourself as superior to other around you. It's sometimes hard to read intentions over a forum.

However, this makes no difference to you not having friends. You need a hobby outside of the classroom, something that you can engage with people with.

SBC, you've been given plenty of great advice, now go try it. This thread has been beaten to death.