Eliminate some spyware on this computer

• Thread starter Nobody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary: Spyware-Adware Remover can't catch all the spyware in my system registry as can Adware-Spy, so I need to use Adaware. Adware-Spy is also free. Spybot Search and Destroy can find and remove spyware and adware, and HouseCall can scan for viruses.
Nobody
I need to eliminate some spyware on this computer but I don't know how to do that because it is in my system registry. Anyone knows any good adware that can help? Adware6.0 doesn't help at all. Thanks a lot..

Computer science news on Phys.org
I also have Adware-Spy but this soft asks me to pay before eliminating the junks. I also have Spyware-Adware Remover but this is the same as Adware6.0. It can't catch all the spyware in my system registry as can Adware-Spy...Please help. I hate two spyware of Microsoft and nine others. I am telling the truth, not joking or lurking. They are 11 in all.

1. Download and install Adaware (free edition). (Click on "Adaware" in the left-hand column near the top at their website to download the free edition.)

2. After installing go to Start > Programs > Lavasoft and click on AdAware 6 to open the program

3. Look at the icons on the top right of the page and click on the ‘world’ and let AdAware update the spyware reference list (Note: Always update Adaware before you scan.)

4. Once the update is finished click on the ‘Gear’ icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window

1. In the ‘General’ window make sure the following are selected:
· Automatically save log-file
· Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
· Safe Mode (always request confirmation)

2. Click on the ‘Scanning’ button on the left and select :
· Scan Within Archives
· Scan Active Processes
· Scan Registry
· Deep Scan Registry
· Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
· Scan my Hosts file
· Under ‘Click here to select drives + folders’, choose:
· All of your hard drives

3. Click on the ‘Advanced’ button on the left and select:
· Include additional process information
· Include additional file information
· Include environment information
· Include additional object details

4. Click the ‘Tweak’ button and select:
· Under the ‘Scanning Engine’:
· Unload recognized processes during scanning
· Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
· Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
· Under the ‘Cleaning Engine’:
· Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot

5. Click on ‘Proceed’ to save the settings.

6. Click ‘Start’ and on the next screen choose ‘Activate in-depth Scan’ at the bottom of the page and then choose:
· Use Custom Scanning Options

7. Click ‘Next’ and AdAware will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected.

8. Save the log file when it asks and then click ‘finish’

9. REBOOT

Also download spybot

1. Next, download and install Spybot Search and Destroy.

2. Go to Start > Programs >Spybot - Search & Destroy and choose ‘Spybot S&D - easy mode’

3. Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D

4. Click the button to ‘Search for Updates’ and download and install the Updates.

5. Next click the button ‘Check for Problems’

6. When Spybot is complete, it will be showing ‘RED’ entries ‘BLACK’ entries and ‘GREEN’ entries in the window

7. Put a check mark beside the RED entries ONLY.

8. Choose ‘Fix Selected Problems’ and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.

9. REBOOT

run house call

HOUSECALL

Then please go to HouseCall Free Online Virus Scanner, http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_frame [Broken],
and run the online virus scan. Please select the Autoclean option when prompted

Downlaod and run the latest version of CWshredder.

Finally download and run hijackthis! I'm pretty sure you can get it at www.download.com[/url]. If not just search google. Post the results of you hijackthis log on a professional computer help forum like [url]www.computercops.biz[/URL] for help. Do not delete anything the log lists unless you know what you are doing.

You can find any of the programs that I said on the internet for free. After you clean your computer I would highly recommend that you download mozilla firefox and use it as your primary browser. Disable internet explorer and never use it again because there are so many security leaks in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted that from an earlier post I made. If you do all those steps to adaware, it makes adaware 100x's more powerful.

Oh, Geezuk, shouldn't you be working ? (~~Gokul43201~~)
I mean you are really nice and kind to post so much..:biggrin:

1. What is spyware and how does it affect my computer?

Spyware is a type of malicious software that is designed to gather information from a computer without the user's knowledge or consent. It can track your internet activity, steal personal information, and slow down your computer's performance.

2. How do I know if my computer has spyware?

Some common signs of spyware include a sudden decrease in your computer's performance, pop-up ads that won't go away, and changes to your browser settings. You may also notice unfamiliar programs or toolbars on your computer.

3. How did spyware get on my computer?

Spyware can enter your computer through various means, such as downloading infected files or clicking on malicious links. It can also come bundled with free software or through email attachments.

4. Can I remove spyware myself?

Yes, you can remove spyware from your computer by using a reputable anti-spyware software. It is important to regularly scan your computer for spyware and keep your software up to date to prevent future infections.

5. How can I prevent spyware from infecting my computer?

To prevent spyware, it is important to be cautious when downloading files or clicking on links from unknown sources. It is also recommended to have a trusted anti-spyware program installed on your computer and to keep your operating system and software up to date.