E-Book of What is this thing called Sience?

• Thread starter narengnet
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding an e-book titled "What Is This Thing Called Science?" by A.F. Chalmers or any information on the philosophy of science. The person suggests using Google to search for the book and provides a link to a possible source. They also clarify that they are looking for a general introduction to philosophy of science.
narengnet
is there anybody here to has or knows where i can find this E-Book?
What Is This Thing Called Science? An assessment of the nature and status of science and its methods;A.F.Chalmers,2nd ed,The Open University Press 1982.

Or any issue about Philosophy of Science.
Tnx

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your regard. I'm searching for some general issues about philosophy of science. general introduction and a glimpse on it. can you show me the way which i find these issues?

1. What is science?

Science is a systematic and logical approach to discovering the natural world through observation and experimentation. It involves studying and understanding the physical and natural world around us, including living organisms, natural phenomena, and the universe.

2. How is science different from other subjects?

Science is different from other subjects because it relies on the scientific method, a systematic and objective approach to gathering and analyzing evidence. It is also constantly evolving as new discoveries are made and theories are revised.

3. What are the main branches of science?

The main branches of science are physical science, life science, and earth and space science. Physical science includes the study of non-living matter and energy, while life science focuses on living organisms and their interactions. Earth and space science deals with the Earth and its surrounding space, including the study of the universe and its origins.

4. Why is science important?

Science is important because it helps us understand the world around us and make informed decisions. It has also led to many technological advancements and improvements in our daily lives, from medicine to transportation to communication.

5. How can I get involved in science?

There are many ways to get involved in science, such as pursuing a career in a scientific field, participating in science fairs or competitions, or simply staying informed about current scientific research and developments. You can also support scientific organizations and initiatives through donations or volunteering.