Want to See Incredible Pictures from the 2011 Welcome Image Awards?

In summary, the 2011 Welcome Image Awards showcased stunning photography and celebrated the talents of those in the industry. The event featured a variety of categories, including fashion, portrait, and landscape photography, and highlighted the best images from around the world. Attendees were able to see breathtaking and thought-provoking photographs that captured the beauty and diversity of our world. The award show also recognized rising stars in the field and honored the lifetime achievements of established photographers. Overall, the 2011 Welcome Image Awards provided a captivating visual experience for all who attended.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the link Evo. The images there are incredible! I wonder how they took of it so well.

My favorites: Cell division and gene expression in plants, Wheat infected with ergot fungus, and Blood clot on a plaster. Never in a million years would I be able to guess what those images were.

sourlemon said:
Thanks for the link Evo. The images there are incredible! I wonder how they took of it so well.

My favorites: Cell division and gene expression in plants, Wheat infected with ergot fungus, and Blood clot on a plaster. Never in a million years would I be able to guess what those images were.
Yes, I like that they describe what the picture is.

Evo said:
These pictures are incredible.

http://www.wellcomeimageawards.org

Thanks for posting the link- these are amazing.

If you play the "light microscopy" video (under techniques), you'll get a nice interview with Spike Walker, and see some of his equipment. I also have an Ultraphot III (the big beast around 4 minutes) - if you haven't seen one in action, definitely check out the video. Spike is a true gentleman, and is very approachable.

Last edited:
Very nice, Evo, thanks!

What are the Welcome Image Awards 2011?

The Welcome Image Awards 2011 are an annual awards ceremony that recognizes outstanding achievements in the field of digital imaging and photography. It celebrates the best works of photographers, graphic designers, and digital artists from around the world.

Who can participate in the Welcome Image Awards 2011?

The Welcome Image Awards 2011 are open to all individuals and organizations that have created exceptional images using digital technology. This includes professional photographers, amateur photographers, graphic designers, and digital artists.

What are the categories for the Welcome Image Awards 2011?

The categories for the Welcome Image Awards 2011 vary each year, but they typically include photography, graphic design, digital art, and special categories such as landscape, portrait, and abstract. The specific categories are announced and updated on the official website.

How are the winners of the Welcome Image Awards 2011 selected?

The winners of the Welcome Image Awards 2011 are selected by a panel of judges who are experts in the fields of photography, graphic design, and digital art. They evaluate the submissions based on creativity, technical skills, and overall impact of the images.

What are the benefits of participating in the Welcome Image Awards 2011?

Participating in the Welcome Image Awards 2011 can provide recognition and exposure for your work, as well as the opportunity to network with other professionals in the field. It can also serve as a platform to showcase your skills and potentially attract new clients or job opportunities.