Whats causes feelings when horny

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
In summary, when a person becomes horny, there is an increase in blood flow to their genital organs. This leads to an increase in the release of endorphins, which are chemicals that are responsible for feelings of pleasure.
Tom McCurdy
Alright I know what happens physically... but what is going on intenally that when one become horny...

Also why are people so derrieven for sex from a biological aspoint.

Biology news on Phys.org
Whenever erection(pardon me to use this word) occurs there is an increse in bllod flow.This what happens when one become horny

Sex drive is in part controlled by testosterone and there might something which release more testoterone as some point.

Moonbear might have a more complex answer.

Well, genital organs (in particular, the head of the penis on the male and the clitoris on the female) already have a much higher concentration of nerve endings than any other human tissue. When engorged with blood, they become even more sensitive.

hmm maybe I am not clear. I knew the stuff about increased blood flow and increased nevre endings, but I am interested in the actual feeling and what is released that causes that feeling.

I'm not completely certain, but I would imagine the same endorphins are released that are released during any pleasurable sensation. There might be some oxytocin and vasopressin involved as well.

Maybe I can help ask Tom's question. You see a hot girl walk by, and you get this feeling inside that you want to have sex. It's got to be something about the fact the girl (who fit your standards of being hot) was visually pleasing and led you to think about sex. Lust, whatever. And then it gives you that feeling.

So is it when you see something like that it causes the endorphins to be released? By visual aid alone?

I don't know. I think that depends heavily on who is doing the seeing. Some people are turned on visually more than others (in particular, men are turned on visually more than females - on average, anyway). I'm not too sure if anything accounts for the differences aside from sex drive, which is mostly related to testosterone levels.

It's your brain that initially starts that arousal. There are a lot of sensory inputs to the parts of the brain involved in sexual motivation (I guess horny would fit into the motivation category). The obvious one is tactile stimulation, but as others have pointed, visual stimulation can be just as arousing for people. For that matter, just thinking about it works too.

You can find out more here: http://www.impotence.org/hottopics/contextual.asp

The author of the abstract published on that site, Ben Sachs, is a reputable scientist in the field. If you're interested in reading more about sexual motivation and arousal, particularly in males, you could try a pubmed search for his name. Two other people's work you could check out are Lique Coolen and Jill Becker. Both have very strong reputations in the scientific community for work in this area. There are others too, of course, so this is not a comprehensive list by any means.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it makes since evolutionaryily that visual and tactile stimulation can arouse a person. You see the opposite sex, you get arroused, erection, and that allows copulation (which provides for the potential transfer of your genes from one generation to the next).

If such things didn't give arousal/erection, copulation would be difficult!

Could the question be restated as, "How can you make a dog drool at the sound of a bell?"

thx congrats on your crowning Moonbear

What causes feelings when horny?

Hormones, particularly testosterone and estrogen, play a major role in causing feelings of horniness. These hormones trigger physiological responses in the body, such as an increase in heart rate and blood flow to the genitals, which can lead to feelings of arousal.

Can external factors influence feelings of horniness?

Yes, external factors such as environmental cues, social situations, and personal experiences can all influence feelings of horniness. For example, seeing or smelling something that is sexually stimulating can trigger feelings of arousal.

Is there a difference between male and female feelings of horniness?

There are some differences in the hormonal and physiological responses between males and females when it comes to feelings of horniness. However, the underlying causes and psychological experiences are generally the same.

Can medical conditions affect feelings of horniness?

Yes, certain medical conditions, such as hormonal imbalances, can affect feelings of horniness. Certain medications can also have an impact on libido and sexual desire.

How can one manage and control feelings of horniness?

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to managing and controlling feelings of horniness. Some strategies may include finding healthy outlets for sexual energy, communication with partners, and practicing safe and consensual sexual behaviors.