Is Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Package Worth Buying?

• Thread starter Fusiontron
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the poor connection speed of the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go package and the varying factors that can affect connection speeds. The speaker also shares their personal experience with a different broadband card and the solution provided by the company. Ultimately, the conversation suggests not to buy the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go package based on the current connection speed.
Fusiontron
Don't buy the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go package. Right now I'm getting a connection speed of 15kb/s with it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You do realize that speed depends on the connection which can vary due to a large number of scenarios. Just because you aren't getting a high speed does not mean someone else will not get a higher speed.

Last edited:
But come on, you have to admit this is terrible.

Fusiontron said:
But come on, you have to admit this is terrible.
I had a Sprint broadband card and I was getting 19kbps, the techs were so embarrassed, it was a problem with the tower I was connected to and Sprint was too cheap to upgrade it, of course people connecting to other towers were reporting excellent speeds. Sprint did send me a free Airrave femtocell and waived the monthly fee to boot.

Fusiontron said:
Don't buy the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go package. Right now I'm getting a connection speed of 15kb/s with it.

That doesn't warrant such a conclusion.

1. What does "just a heads up" mean?

"Just a heads up" is a phrase that is commonly used to give someone a warning or to inform them about something important that they should know about. It is often used as a way to be considerate and to avoid any potential misunderstandings.

2. Is "just a heads up" a formal or informal phrase?

It is considered to be an informal phrase, often used in casual conversations among friends or colleagues. It is not typically used in formal or professional settings.

3. Can "just a heads up" be used in written communication?

Yes, it can be used in written communication, such as in emails or text messages. However, it is more commonly used in spoken language.

4. How should I respond to someone who says "just a heads up"?

It is appropriate to respond with a simple "thank you" to acknowledge the information or warning that was given. You can also respond with a follow-up question if you need more clarification or details.

5. What are some similar phrases to "just a heads up"?

Other similar phrases that are often used to give a warning or inform someone about something include "just so you know", "FYI (for your information)", or "in case you weren't aware".