Oriented methods to curing/diagnosing diseases

• Medical
  • Thread starter phylotree
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of acupuncture and pulse feeling as a form of medical treatment in some places in the city. The speaker mentions that they have never had their pulse checked by a doctor and are unsure of its accuracy in predicting health conditions. The other person agrees that checking the radial pulse is important for monitoring vital signs, but dismisses acupuncture as ineffective.
phylotree
Amazingly, there are still many places in my city where acupuncture and pulse feeling are still being performed to cure/diagnose patient's disease/symptoms. I have never let a "doctor" feel the pulse on my wrist, and I have no idea how its "ticks" will cough up an idea of the current bad weather I may be under.

Biology news on Phys.org
phylotree said:
Amazingly, there are still many places in my city where acupuncture and pulse feeling are still being performed to cure/diagnose patient's disease/symptoms. I have never let a "doctor" feel the pulse on my wrist, and I have no idea how its "ticks" will cough up an idea of the current bad weather I may be under.

What do you mean by "pulse feeling"? Are you talking about checking the radial pulse? Because this is an important vital sign to get and document. A change in pulse can be indicative of certain disease processes or non-homeostatic processes.

Acupuncture is hooey though.

Oh thank you Bobze. Yes, it is the radial pulse I would like to ask. I pay attention to my own pulse that there is no difference at all even when I am sick or well. How can people get the data of pulse changes ?

1. What are oriented methods to curing/diagnosing diseases?

Oriented methods to curing/diagnosing diseases refer to a specific approach to treating and identifying illnesses. These methods focus on understanding the underlying causes of a disease and targeting these causes in order to provide more effective treatments.

2. How do oriented methods differ from traditional methods of curing/diagnosing diseases?

Traditional methods of curing/diagnosing diseases often focus on treating the symptoms of an illness rather than the root cause. Oriented methods, on the other hand, seek to identify and address the underlying cause in order to provide more targeted and long-lasting treatments.

3. What are some examples of oriented methods for curing/diagnosing diseases?

Some examples of oriented methods for curing/diagnosing diseases include personalized medicine, functional medicine, and integrative medicine. These approaches involve a more holistic and individualized approach to treating and identifying diseases.

4. Can oriented methods be used for all types of diseases?

While oriented methods can be applied to many different types of diseases, their effectiveness may vary depending on the specific illness. Some diseases may have a clear underlying cause that can be targeted with oriented methods, while others may be more complex and require a combination of approaches.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using oriented methods for curing/diagnosing diseases?

One potential drawback of oriented methods is that they may not always be covered by insurance or accessible to everyone. Additionally, these methods may require more time and resources to implement compared to traditional methods. It is important to carefully weigh the benefits and drawbacks when considering using oriented methods for treating an illness.