Wanted: Female Chocolate Eaters

• Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
In summary, a Belgian confectionist has created a special chocolate bar with high levels of flavonoids and soy to be used in an experiment testing its effects on heart disease in postmenopausal women. The participants will be monitored over the course of a year to see if there are any changes in their risk factors. This study aims to determine if flavonoids can provide additional protection against heart disease.
Physics news on Phys.org
The good news
A Belgian confectionist has created the special chocolate bar containing high levels of flavonoids -- a plant compound that has been shown to reduce heart risk factors -- to be used in the experiment. Soy, another natural source of flavonoids, has also been added to the bar.

The constraint
Participants, who must be postmenopausal women under the age of 70, will have their risk of heart disease tested on five occasions during the year to see whether change occurs.

"The hypothesis of this exciting study is that flavonoids may improve the level of protection against heart disease over and above that provided by conventional drugs," said Dr. Ketan Dhatariya, a consultant in diabetes at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The chocolate diet!

Heck yeah, sign me up...but get that soy out of my chocolate :grumpy: !

1. Why are you specifically looking for female chocolate eaters?

As a scientist, I am interested in studying the effects of chocolate consumption on the female body. By focusing on female participants, I can gather more specific and accurate data for my research.

2. What qualifications do I need to participate in this study?

To participate in this study, you must be a female who regularly consumes chocolate. There are no other specific qualifications required.

3. How will my data be used in this study?

Your data will be used solely for scientific research purposes and will be kept confidential. It will contribute to a better understanding of the effects of chocolate on the female body.

4. Is there any compensation for participating in this study?

Unfortunately, there is no compensation for participating in this study. However, your contribution to scientific research is greatly appreciated.

5. How long will this study last?

The duration of this study may vary depending on the number of participants and the data collected. However, it is estimated to last approximately 6 months to a year.