BONG Man grows tree in lung. BONG

• Thread starter neu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tree
In summary, a five centimetre section of fir tree has been removed from a man's lung, Russian surgeons claim. Doctors were investigating a suspected tumour in Artyom Sidorkin's lung, when they were surprised by a very different kind of trouble. Surgeon Vladimir Kamashev said he was astonished, but botanist Olga Baranova was sceptical. Juliet Dunlop reports.
neu
A five centimetre section of fir tree has been removed from a man's lung, Russian surgeons claim.

Doctors were investigating a suspected tumour in Artyom Sidorkin's lung, when they were surprised by a very different kind of trouble.

Surgeon Vladimir Kamashev said he was astonished, but botanist Olga Baranova was sceptical. Juliet Dunlop reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8000745.stm

Physics news on Phys.org
I had an uncle who had a kernel of corn sprout in his ear.

WTF?

Haha.

physics girl phd said:

Yeah whatever, like that is even possible.

My mom (one of eight) grew up on a farm; and my dad (the oldest of eight) grew up in the city. When they were engaged, my mom's parents hosted a party for both sides. My dad's youngest brother (maybe 13 at the time?) had perhaps too much fun playing in the barns / grain bin, and he didn't realize he got a kernel deep in his ear (if you have young sons you might understand this obliviousness part). A few weeks later he got a terrible headache/earache. The moist (probably not-often inspected) environment of his ear was perfect for growth. I'm not sure how the doctor cleared it all out, even though it was probably quite small at the time. I just know he didn't like to talk about it, while my grandma and my aunts/other uncles used to bring it up quite frequently.

There is no evidence that this man smokes what has been repeated twice in the title for the sole purpose of provocation and advertising. The OP does not have evidence for that. As for the story itself, it's merely a joke.

physics girl phd said:
When I was a kid. A friend and I were hoeing weeds out of a bean field when he had a sweet bee get into his ear. The insect couldn't get turned around inorder to get out. It took me quite a while with a probe trying to get it out while all the time its buzzing drove my friend nuts. I'll never forget the panic in his eyes. LOL

dlgoff said:
When I was a kid. A friend and I were hoeing weeds out of a bean field when he had a sweet bee get into his ear. The insect couldn't get turned around inorder to get out. It took me quite a while with a probe trying to get it out while all the time its buzzing drove my friend nuts. I'll never forget the panic in his eyes. LOL
If you'd ever seen the film Mountains of the Moon, you wouldn't be LOLing.

It takes place in the wilds of Africa. One of the characters falls asleep with his bedside lamp lit and forgets his mosquito netting. Beetles come.

In his pain, he opts for relief from burrowing over keeping his hearing, and grabs a pick...

:eek:

In southern India, they used a form of torture like that a few hundred years ago.

They would take a small centipede, like creature, oil it up and drop it into the ear of a person unable to move their head. It was used mainly as a interrogation technique.

neu said:
Yeah whatever, like that is even possible.

Cripes! Haven't you ever heard of an ear of corn?

I had a dry pinto bean in my nose when I was a little kid. I don't recall how old I was, but I was old enough to not want to tell anyone, because I was embarrassed. But my nose started to swell by evening, and I had to confess.
Yes it was removed and I have no bean plant growing out of my nose.

That reminds me of one of our great family episodes: My little brother got Fred Flintstone stuck in his nose. There was nothing to do but wait for the purple vitamin to melt and ooze out.

1. What is the story behind "BONG Man grows tree in lung. BONG"?

The phrase "BONG Man grows tree in lung. BONG" is a reference to a viral video that surfaced in 2020, showing a man smoking from a bong and pretending to exhale a tree. The video became popular on social media and sparked curiosity about its origins.

2. Is it possible for a tree to grow in a lung?

No, it is not possible for a tree to grow in a lung. The video is simply a humorous and exaggerated depiction of smoking and its potential effects on the respiratory system.

3. What is the significance of the word "BONG" in the phrase?

The word "BONG" is likely used as a sound effect, mimicking the sound of inhaling and exhaling from a bong. It also adds to the comedic effect of the phrase.

4. Who is "BONG Man" in the phrase?

"BONG Man" is a fictional character created for the viral video. It is not a real person or a reference to any specific individual.

5. What does the phrase "BONG Man grows tree in lung. BONG" symbolize?

The phrase does not have a specific symbolism. It is simply a humorous phrase that gained popularity through the viral video and its absurd visual depiction.

Back