Building a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877.

In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking advice on programming language, compiling code for a PIC, using a 16F877 for a wireless robotic car, and choosing a wireless module. They are also seeking further help and have provided a resource for reference.
kloong
I have a few questions.

1. Which programming language should I use? I am thinking of using C++. I know assembly but am not very good at it, so I am trying to avoid assembly.

2. Which program should i use to compile the PIC code? I am thinking of using MPLAB IDE. Is it sufficient/ok?

3. Is 16F877 enough to build a wireless robotic car? It was recommended by my lecturer. But i need further confirmation.

4. Which wireless module should I use? For this one, I have no idea at all.

I hope you all can help me with this. Your help is needed. Thank you.

Best Regards,
KL.

Engineering news on Phys.org
you could try this out:
http://www.rampagingchariots.org.uk/technical/Instruction_Booklet.pdf

pages 55-58 might be of interest to you

they wouldn't give me the (assembly) source code to modify it after i built it a few years ago sadly

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877 work?

The PIC microcontroller 16F877 serves as the brain of the robotic car, controlling its movements and actions. The wireless aspect allows the car to receive commands and transmit data without the need for physical connections.

2. What components are needed to build a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877?

To build a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877, you will need the microcontroller itself, a motor driver, motors, wheels, a power source, a wireless communication module (such as Bluetooth or WiFi), and various sensors for navigation and obstacle avoidance.

3. Can I program the PIC microcontroller 16F877 for the wireless robotic car using any language?

The PIC microcontroller 16F877 can be programmed using a variety of languages, including C, C++, and assembly language. However, it is recommended to use a language that has a dedicated compiler for PIC microcontrollers, such as the MPLAB IDE.

4. How can I ensure a stable wireless connection for the robotic car?

To ensure a stable wireless connection, it is important to choose a reliable wireless communication module and use proper wiring and placement to minimize interference. Additionally, using error checking protocols and implementing signal strength indicators can help maintain a strong connection.

5. What are some potential applications for a wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877?

A wireless robotic car using PIC microcontroller 16F877 can be used in a variety of applications, such as remote surveillance, home automation, and educational projects. It can also be adapted for tasks such as package delivery, exploration, and search and rescue missions.