How can we insert LaTeX codes here ?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Maths Lover
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, if a post on Physicsforums requires a mathematical statement in first order logic, Latex must be used to make it readable. However, the site does not support Latex. The suggestion is to use Mathjax, which allows TeX formulas, such as [tex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/tex]. For inline formulas, [itex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/itex] can be used. This information can be found in the "Physics Forums FAQ and HowTo" thread at the top of the forum.
Maths Lover
If I want to post a new thread or a new post , and if my post needs some mathematical statement , say in first order logic then I need to use Latex to make my posts readable , but it seems that the site doesn't support LaTeX ! then What to do ? any suggestions ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Physicsforums uses Mathjax, which allows TeX formulas:

[tex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/tex]
gets
[tex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/tex]

[itex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/itex] gets [itex]\sqrt{a^2+b^2}[/itex] (for inline formulas)

Likes 1 person

1. How do I start using LaTeX codes?

To start using LaTeX codes, you will need to download a TeX distribution such as TeX Live or MiKTeX. Then, choose a text editor that supports LaTeX such as Texmaker or TeXworks. You can then start writing your document using LaTeX codes.

2. What are the most common LaTeX codes used in scientific documents?

Some of the most common LaTeX codes used in scientific documents include equations, tables, figures, citations, and references. These codes allow for precise formatting and presentation of scientific information.

3. Are there any resources available for learning LaTeX codes?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning LaTeX codes. You can find tutorials, guides, and online courses that can help you get started with using LaTeX for scientific documents. You can also refer to official documentation and forums for help with specific codes or issues.

4. Can I use LaTeX codes in any document format?

Yes, you can use LaTeX codes in various document formats such as PDF, HTML, and even Microsoft Word. However, the formatting and functionality may vary depending on the document format and the software used to open it.

5. Is it necessary to have programming knowledge to use LaTeX codes?

No, it is not necessary to have programming knowledge to use LaTeX codes. While some coding experience may be helpful, most basic LaTeX codes can be easily learned and used without any prior programming knowledge.