After More than 7 Years Here

In summary, the speaker joined the online community in 2006 during high school and was drawn in by the helpfulness of the members. They stayed for over 7 years, using the forum as a valuable resource for math, science, and engineering. They express gratitude to the community and encourage others to stay and become mentors. The speaker also shares a personal connection to the forum and its "ancient" feeling, but acknowledges that this may not be a common perception.
danago
Gold Member
I joined in March of 2006, during my penultimate year of high school. Judging by my earlier threads (which make me cringe upon re-reading them haha :tongue:), it was a question I had in physics that prompted me to join. I quickly realized how great the community here was, so I kept coming back with problems I had, endeavoring to learn things beyond the basic standard required by my school.

Now, more than 7 years later, I have finally finished my university degree. I don't normally go and make posts like this, but this is seriously one of the best online communities I've come across, and certainly the most useful resource for students of math, science and engineering. I have gotten so much out of it (whether it be through asking questions, or just lurking and reading other threads), so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially those who assist in the Homework Help section :smile:

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Now you should stay around and become a mentor for others.

Indeed, this community is great. I joined just to learn more about physics and people here explain things very well.

Congratulations on your degree :)

This forum has helped me immeasurably throughout the course of 3 years, so much so that I am forever indebted to it. Plus I met people on this forum that I now talk to more frequently than I do with people at my own university. My younger self would have never believed the possibility of a physics forum being more addictive than video games xD.

Anyways, good luck with your future!

WannabeNewton said:
This forum has helped me immeasurably

A Vitali amount of help!

WannabeNewton said:
My younger self would have never believed the possibility of a physics forum being more addictive than video games xD.

Ahah that is true! I often find myself surfing through threads completely unrelated to what I'm doing, and then before I know it an hour has passed :tongue:

WannabeNewton said:

+1.0! :smile:

This forums seems very ancient to me.

adjacent said:
This forums seems very ancient to me.

That statement seems very obtuse to me.

ancient (n.)
"standard-bearer," 1550s, a corruption of ensign. Archaic, but preserved in Shakespeare's character Aunchient Pistoll in "Henry V."

We got standards!
:biggrin:

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
That statement seems very obtuse to me.
Thats my opinion.And there's a reason for that.I first found physics forums many years ago(When I was a child)when I was searching for an image of Saturn viewed with a normal telescope.Saturn is very ancient,so that ancientness got linked to physics forums(because I was a child).That idea never got out of my memory because it's difficult to remove ideas of childhood.
So,I expressed my ideas.

1. What is the main focus of your research in "After More than 7 Years Here"?

The main focus of our research in "After More than 7 Years Here" is to understand the long-term effects of environmental changes on the local ecosystem. This includes studying the impact of human activities, climate change, and natural disasters on various species and their habitats.

2. How long have you been conducting research in "After More than 7 Years Here"?

We have been conducting research in "After More than 7 Years Here" for over 7 years, hence the title. Our team has been continuously monitoring the area and collecting data to track changes over time.

3. What methods do you use in your research in "After More than 7 Years Here"?

We use a variety of methods in our research, including field observations, data collection, experiments, and statistical analysis. We also collaborate with other scientists and utilize technology such as remote sensing and DNA analysis to enhance our research.

4. What are the main findings of your research in "After More than 7 Years Here"?

Our research has revealed significant changes in the local ecosystem, including shifts in species distribution, decline in biodiversity, and changes in species behavior. We have also identified the main drivers of these changes, such as pollution, habitat destruction, and climate change.

5. How does your research in "After More than 7 Years Here" contribute to the scientific community?

Our research in "After More than 7 Years Here" contributes valuable insights into the long-term impacts of environmental changes on ecosystems. Our findings can help inform conservation efforts and guide policymakers in making decisions for sustainable management of natural resources. Additionally, our methods and techniques can be applied to similar studies in other regions, further advancing scientific knowledge in this field.