Dimensional Probability

In summary: Anyone care to critique this talk abstract for the CSAAPT Meeting, 3/16/2013?This abstract seems to be trying to define dimensions and probabilities without much success. Dimension is a difficult word to define and probability is a difficult word to measure. The author claims that by using points as an origin, it is possible to define space-time dimensions. However, this is not supported by the evidence provided. Furthermore, by using tetrahedrons as an example, it is shown that there could be up to seven dimensions. However, this is also not supported by the evidence provided.
SdogV
Anyone care to critique this talk abstract for the CSAAPT Meeting, 3/16/2013?

DIMENSIONAL PROBABILITIES
by
Ted Erikson
R/E Unltd, Chicago

What identifies a position or location but has no "dimension" and zero "probability" of measurement? Certainly this implies a point. But what are totally agreed upon meanings of the quoted words? Summing up an extensive web search, dimension is a hyperbolic synonym with many meanings while probability can be either objective (result of experimental outcomes) or subjective (e.g. Bayesian).

Dimension and probability appeared significant in an FQXi physics essay* contest that I entered last summer to define panpsychism. Three non-collinear points can define a 2-D equilateral triangle, i.e. area. With one point as an origin for place probabilities of the other two and extrapolating a probability versus dimension plot, a third dimension, i.e. volume, emerges at 100% probability!

Four such points are required to define the space occupied by matter, i.e. protons, electrons, and neutrons. Again, referred to one point as an origin in a regular tetrahedron, extrapolations imply 4-D, i.e. space-time and a minus1-D. Pyramid extrapolates to~7 dimensions and a minus 1/2 dimension.

Are space-time dimensions and probability really understood?

Physics news on Phys.org
SdogV said:
Anyone care to critique this talk abstract for the CSAAPT Meeting, 3/16/2013?
The horror... the horror...

So, what is a definitive definition of "dimension" and "probability" to use in Physics?

Please just look up those words in Wikipedia.

mitchell porter said:
Please just look up those words in Wikipedia.

See first entry for what was found there and elsewhere!

Revised: Errors revealed in re-reading first draft post above. Sorry, too impulsive.

DIMENSION AND PROBABILITY
by
Ted Erikson
R/E Unltd, Chicago

What identifies a position or location but has no "dimension" and zero "probability" of measurement? Certainly this implies a point. But what are totally agreed upon meanings of the quoted words? Summing up an intensive web search, dimension is a hyperbolic synonym with many meanings while probability can be either objective (result of experimental outcomes) or subjective (e.g. Bayesian).

Dimension and probability appears as significant in an FQXi physics essay* contest that I entered last summer to define panpsychism. In a 2-D equilateral triangle, with one point as an origin for other two, a probability versus dimension plot shows extrapolated evidence of 0-D and 3-D as expected. For vertices of a 3-D regular tetrahedron as 4 points, treated in the same fashion as 16 trees, implies evidence that extrapolate to minus 1-D and ~4-D. For a 4-D pyramid, (minus ~1/2)-D and ~7-D appears.

Four such points are required to define the space occupied by matter, (i.e. protons, electrons, and neutrons). For spherical spaces, I conclude an infinite-D for a 100% probability and well below 50% for anything less considered.

Are space-time dimensions and probability really understood?

What is dimensional probability?

Dimensional probability is a mathematical concept used to describe the likelihood of an event occurring in a multi-dimensional space. It takes into account the different variables or dimensions that may affect the probability of the event.

How is dimensional probability different from traditional probability?

Traditional probability deals with events that have only one variable or dimension, while dimensional probability takes into account multiple dimensions and their interactions.

What are some real-world examples of dimensional probability?

One example of dimensional probability is weather forecasting, where multiple variables such as temperature, humidity, and wind speed are taken into account to predict the likelihood of rain. Another example is stock market analysis, where various factors such as company performance, industry trends, and economic conditions are considered to predict the probability of a stock's success.

How is dimensional probability calculated?

Dimensional probability is calculated using mathematical models that take into account the different dimensions and their relationships. These models can range from simple equations to complex algorithms, depending on the specific problem being solved.

What are the practical applications of dimensional probability?

Dimensional probability has many practical applications, including risk assessment, decision making, and prediction. It is used in various fields such as finance, engineering, and statistics to make informed decisions based on the likelihood of certain events occurring.