An essay regarding bio-chemical adjustment

• Thread starter Gliese123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Essay
In summary, the conversation revolves around writing a final essay in biology class on chemical adjustments in the body and the central topic of hormones. The person is considering adding neurotransmitters, which falls under the topic of neuromodulation, and is seeking advice on whether this would be relevant and if there are any other aspects worth including in the essay. A helpful article on the influence of neurotransmitters is suggested as a resource.
Gliese123
Hello dear PF-members.
(I'm terribly sorry if this thread is made in the wrong place. Please, if so, change its location.)

So, I'm writing a final essay in biology class (high school) and we got to pick whatever we wanted to write about more extensively. I stuck for the chemical adjustments in the body and all that.
So I'm aware of that hormones are the central topic in this essay and I've written a lot of amino acid based hormones (peptide hormones) and steroid hormones.
Now to my question: Could I add neurotransmitters and write about the substances regarding that without "flying away" to much off topic? And could there be anything else that'd be worth adding to the essay? Thx!
:tongue::approve::redface::biggrin:

Biology news on Phys.org
Gliese123 said:
Now to my question: Could I add neurotransmitters and write about the substances regarding that without "flying away" to much off topic? And could there be anything else that'd be worth adding to the essay? Thx!
:tongue::approve::redface::biggrin:

Adding the influence of neurotransmitters in your paper is definitely ON-topic. The collective what you are referring to is called "neuromodulation." This article should give you some material for your essay:

http://www.brainfacts.org/brain-bas...communication-between-the-brain-and-the-body/

1. What is bio-chemical adjustment?

Bio-chemical adjustment refers to the process of modifying or altering the chemical composition of biological materials, such as cells or tissues, in order to achieve a desired outcome.

2. Why is bio-chemical adjustment important in scientific research?

Bio-chemical adjustment is crucial in scientific research because it allows scientists to control and manipulate biological processes, which can help them better understand the mechanisms behind diseases and develop new treatments.

3. What techniques are commonly used in bio-chemical adjustment?

Some commonly used techniques in bio-chemical adjustment include gene editing, protein engineering, and drug design. These techniques involve manipulating the DNA, proteins, and chemical compounds within biological materials.

4. Can bio-chemical adjustment be harmful to living organisms?

Yes, bio-chemical adjustment can be harmful to living organisms if not done carefully and ethically. It is important for scientists to consider the potential consequences and ethical implications of their research before conducting any bio-chemical adjustments.

5. What are some potential applications of bio-chemical adjustment?

Bio-chemical adjustment has a wide range of potential applications, including developing new medicines and treatments for diseases, creating genetically modified organisms for agriculture, and producing biofuels and other sustainable products.