Folding Shirts Perfectly: A Great Day for Mankind

• Thread starter check
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed a video on cloth folding that resulted in a perfect shirt every time. The speaker was amazed and excited about finally being able to fold a shirt properly. They also shared a past experience with laundry difficulties and their newfound ability to do laundry with success.
check
Physics news on Phys.org
I always end up with one sleeve sticking out, but the rest works like a charm. Brilliant !

Now let's try it again...

...wait, that sleeve is supposed to stick out. Then you do a clever fold-over. :biggrin:

Now I can finally do my laundry again. I decided last time (when the washer gave me soapy clothes and the dryer refused to warm up, and I had a flight to catch in 2 hours - which of course, left only 7 hours late) that I was through with laundrying clothes, unless I saw a sign from the other world.

Now where's that laundry basket I've been using as a sled ...?

Last edited:
That's just amazing. WOW! I tried it, and it works!

What is the purpose of folding shirts perfectly?

The purpose of folding shirts perfectly is to save space and keep your shirts organized in your closet or dresser. It also helps to prevent wrinkles and keep your shirts looking neat and presentable.

What are the benefits of folding shirts perfectly?

The benefits of folding shirts perfectly include saving space, preventing wrinkles, and keeping your shirts organized. It also makes it easier to find a specific shirt when you need it and can save you time when getting dressed.

What is the best technique for folding shirts perfectly?

The best technique for folding shirts perfectly is to start with a flat surface and lay the shirt face down. Fold the sleeves in towards the center, then fold the bottom of the shirt up towards the neckline. Finally, fold the shirt in half horizontally.

How can I prevent wrinkles when folding shirts?

To prevent wrinkles when folding shirts, make sure to smooth out any wrinkles before beginning the folding process. You can also use a fabric spray or dryer sheets to help reduce static and prevent wrinkles from forming.

Are there any tricks to make folding shirts easier?

Yes, there are a few tricks to make folding shirts easier. One is to use a folding board or template to help guide your folds and keep them consistent. Another is to fold shirts as soon as they come out of the dryer when the fabric is still warm and easier to manipulate.