New User Introduction: Get to Know Force=Mass x Acceleration!

• Thread starter [dash]
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Noob
In summary: I like it! I think anyone who uses "u" in place of "you" should get at least a three day suspension. :approve:I like it! I think anyone who uses "u" in place of "you" should get at least a three day suspension. :approve:
[dash]
lyk...a noob user!(me..)

:rofl: yayz!i'm new here so introduce me to teh nerd stuff lyk force=mass times acceleration!

i'm also part of other forums such as

lol...nvm

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Speak English please!

verty said:
Speak English please!
lolzz!

Welkum 2 tha forumz [dash]!

Welcome to the forum dash!

You'll notice that people here don't use chatroom slang, we use whole words. I'm sure you'll adjust! :smile:

Just ban him now, his blog says it is inevitable anyways. May as well trust the guy.

Can we poke him with sticks first? Please?

I'm debating whether to even go over to the freezer and get out a frozen salmon. Seems like a post-and-run type.:rolleyes:

3trQN said:

What cruelty. :tongue:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm debating whether to even go over to the freezer and get out a frozen salmon. Seems like a post-and-run type.:rolleyes:

Oh like a drive by?

Math Is Hard said:
Seems like a post-and-run type.:rolleyes:

Was that suggested to you by their name?

3trQN said:

can i bring my cattle prod?

Force = Mass * Acceleration = Nerdish stuff? No, you've got the second part wrong.

Math Is Hard said:
he still only has one post! (not that i can talk...)

3trQN said:
i say YES :) i like poking people.

hypatia said:
Oh like a drive by?
yeah. What the heck should we call that - a "post by"?

mess said:
i say YES :) i like poking people.
what - no comments? Are Arildno and Danger out sick today?:rofl:

Math Is Hard said:

Is poking not allowed :frown:

Beautiful Mess said:

Where do you live, BTW?

me? london

Math Is Hard said:
Isn't the past-tense of 'post' 'pist'? In which case that would be... never mind.

Math Is Hard said:
I wasn't logged on. Rats!

Beautiful Mess said:

Certainly. She refers to the fact that neither Arildno nor I usually let a sexual innuendo slip by.

Danger said:
Certainly. She refers to the fact that neither Arildno nor I usually let a sexual innuendo slip by.

ah ha. i see, i also see the innuendo, i just don't mention these things, because i know i hate it when my friends point out some in what i say, so i don't do it to others. Unless I'm in a childish mood (which can happen rather often :rofl: )

welll,...when i feel lyk...LIKE i be...I'll JUST! talk rite...er...RIGHT!

[dash];1227612 said:
welll,...when i feel lyk...LIKE i be...I'll JUST! talk rite...er...RIGHT!

ooooh ITS back!

Wow! The mentors are really cracking down on spelling and grammar! I like it. I think anyone who uses "u" in place of "you" should get at least a three day suspension. :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
Wow! The mentors are really cracking down on spelling and grammar! I like it. I think anyone who uses "u" in place of "you" should get at least a three day suspension. :approve:

but it can be so useful when your parents are trying to kick you off the computer!

Beautiful Mess said:
but it can be so useful when your parents are trying to kick you off the computer!

Ah! It all makes sense now!

hehe, yea and i post late at nigth sometimes too, and my grammar and spelling completely breaks down when I'm tired, so I'm going to appologise (?spelt?) in advance.

1. What is the equation for force?

The equation for force is force = mass x acceleration. Force is measured in newtons (N), mass is measured in kilograms (kg), and acceleration is measured in meters per second squared (m/s^2).

2. How is force related to mass and acceleration?

Force is directly proportional to both mass and acceleration. This means that if either mass or acceleration increases, force will also increase. Similarly, if mass or acceleration decreases, force will decrease.

3. What is the unit of measurement for force?

Force is measured in newtons (N). This unit is named after Sir Isaac Newton, who developed the laws of motion and the concept of force.

4. What is the significance of force in physics?

Force is a fundamental concept in physics, as it is responsible for the motion of objects and changes in their motion. Force is required to accelerate an object, and without it, an object will remain at rest or continue to move at a constant velocity.

5. How is the equation for force used in everyday life?

The equation for force is used in many practical applications, such as calculating the force required to move an object, the force exerted by a machine, or the force of gravity on an object. It is also used in designing structures and machines to ensure they can withstand the forces acting upon them.