Questions on physics articles in journals

In summary, the purpose of publishing physics articles in journals is to share new scientific findings and research with the scientific community, allowing for the dissemination of knowledge and advancement in the field. These articles are selected for publication through a peer-review process, where other scientists review for validity, originality, and relevance. The impact factor of a physics journal is a measure of its influence and importance in the scientific community. Access to these articles can be obtained through subscriptions, university or research institution libraries, or through open access options. While primarily written for scientists, physics articles in journals can also be beneficial for students, educators, and anyone interested in learning about new developments in the field.
Mechdude
im currently trying to acquaint myself with the current state of knowledge in physics, problem is i can't understand the physics published in journals, now i wanted to know , is it against the rules to ask stuff about the published materials? where do the questions go to, here or homework help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Asking questions about published materials is definitely OK. I would ask them in whatever forum is relevant to the topic, ie. if you're reading Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter then this is the right forum.

1. What is the purpose of publishing physics articles in journals?

The purpose of publishing physics articles in journals is to share new scientific findings and research with the scientific community. This allows for the dissemination of knowledge and facilitates further research and advancements in the field of physics.

2. How are physics articles selected for publication in journals?

Physics articles are selected for publication in journals through a peer-review process. This involves other scientists in the same field reviewing the article for its scientific validity, originality, and relevance before it is accepted for publication.

3. What is the impact factor of a physics journal?

The impact factor of a physics journal is a measure of its influence and importance in the scientific community. It is calculated by dividing the number of citations received by articles published in that journal in the previous two years by the total number of articles published.

4. How can I access physics articles in journals?

Physics articles in journals can be accessed through various means, such as subscribing to the journal or accessing it through a university or research institution's library. Many journals also offer open access options, where the articles can be accessed for free.

5. Are physics articles in journals only for scientists?

No, physics articles in journals are not only for scientists. While they are primarily written for an audience of scientists and researchers, they can also be beneficial for students, educators, and anyone interested in learning about new developments in the field of physics.