Is there a quality your s/o must have?

• Thread starter sourlemon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quality
In summary, the conversation is about the qualities that each person desires in a potential long-term partner. Some of the qualities mentioned include maturity and intelligence, being active and fit, being able to explain things in simpler terms, and not being whiney or annoying. The conversation also touches on gender preferences, with some preferring females and others looking for a "manly man." There is also a mention of a person's sense of humor and their attitude towards money and waste. Overall, the conversation reveals that everyone has their own unique set of preferences when it comes to a long-term relationship.
sourlemon
Lolz too much free time is not good for me. I start thinking about everything! One of the thing I thought about, of course, is my future. And I keep thinking how hard it would be for me to be with someone who doesn't want to adopt. (lolz that's why I'm doomed to be single for life.) I know you can't control your emotion most of the time, but if you can, is there a quality a person must have in order for you to be in a long term relationship with them?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you would call it, but a hybrid between maturity and intelligence that allows someone to understand when they're having a bad day, so they can think about the effects of their words and actions, so as to not be aggressive and/or violent and/or have random outbursts at people at the slightest unoffensive-to-sane-people oriented comment or action.

That and 'weekend warrior' style active/fit/sporty (or above), or some combination thereof.

I don't ask for much :tongue2:

I just want a girl who's half rationale at least some of the time.

So I'm screwed.

forever+alone+5.jpg

Just an average normal girl ... that's bit too much to ask for.

Pengwuino said:

So I'm screwed.

I wrote a mock abstract for a paper proposing using the responses of girls to various statements as a basis for random number generation, but I don’t have it anymore.

As for me...she must like MATLAB :biggrin:

Yes, he must be able to explain to me what the halibut are these posters here talking about...real slowly...

I believe they are answering the age (days) old question:

... is there a quality a person must have in order for you to be in a long term relationship with them?

Don't quote me on it though, some of the people round here are real shifty like.

Greg Bernhardt said:
boobs and a vajayjay

This. and be female also.

Heart beat.

Pengwuino said:

So I'm screwed.

I met a girl like this once...but she used to be a dude.

Did she have the chop or was she just doing the old fold and tuck trick.

must be a nice manly-man... and do the chasing. I aint making the first moves anymore! forget about it!

I ain't making the first moves anymore! forget about it!

Doesn't this about halve your chances of success then? What's a manly man?

Body builder, Boxer, Iron man, Lumberjack, Fabio, Fashion Designer, Chef?

Zryn said:
Doesn't this about halve your chances of success then? What's a manly man?

Body builder, Boxer, Iron man, Lumberjack, Fabio, Fashion Designer, Chef?

lol perhaps, but I don't care anymore, its quality not quantity.
manly man is a guy who is not whiney/annoying, is willing to carry me for a few meters at least when I'm tired of walking, makes decisions and not expects me to decide everything, manly-man has to also be intelligent. yes. that's it for now.

who the heck is Fabio?!
oh I see, model for romantic novels... no, don't like long hair/names beginning with Fab.

...is willing to carry me for a few meters at least when I'm tired of walking...

Be careful what you wish for!

I offered to carry a girl who was tired of walking once. Apparently I don't have enough 'padding' around my 'pointy hip bones' and walking was much more comfortable.

Zryn said:
Be careful what you wish for!

I offered to carry a girl who was tired of walking once. Apparently I don't have enough 'padding' around my 'pointy hip bones' and walking was much more comfortable.

Maybe you should have used a saddle :wink:.

nucleargirl said:
must be a nice manly-man... and do the chasing. I aint making the first moves anymore! forget about it!

Poor single nucleargirl.

Pengwuino said:
Poor single nucleargirl.

lol, yes life is completely going down the drain...

Zryn said:
Fabio

Mmm sexy, all we need now is Jack and the Beanstalk ;D

For me, she has to be "weird" and very outgoing.

lisab said:
Maybe you should have used a saddle :wink:.

:eek: Dirty! :rofl:

I love your sense of humor, though.

NO CHEAPSKATES. While a person doesn't have to lavish muffin baskets on a regular basis, they don't have to be stingy either. It's a real turn off.

I dislike people being wasteful, but is it more wasteful to let food spoil, or to leave lights on and use air conditioning with the doors and windows open? I think one is fine and one is wasteful, but a friend is the polar opposite!

I dislike people who aren't perfekt in every way.

I don't like people who generalize and people who complain.

Topher925 said:
I dislike people who aren't perfekt in every way.

:rofl: :rofl: Lolz yes, why didn't I think of that.

1. What qualities should I look for in a potential romantic partner?

When considering a romantic partner, it is important to look for qualities that align with your own values and goals. Some common qualities that people often look for include honesty, communication skills, empathy, and a sense of humor. Ultimately, the specific qualities you prioritize will depend on your individual preferences.

2. Is it important for my partner to have similar interests and hobbies?

While it can certainly be enjoyable to have shared interests and hobbies with your partner, it is not necessarily a requirement for a successful relationship. What matters more is that you have a strong emotional connection and are able to support each other's interests and passions.

3. How important is physical attraction in a relationship?

Physical attraction can certainly play a role in a relationship, but it is not the most important factor. While initial attraction may spark interest, it is ultimately the emotional and intellectual compatibility that will sustain a relationship in the long run.

4. Should I look for someone who is similar or different from me?

There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Some people may find that they are more compatible with someone who has similar values and beliefs, while others may thrive in a relationship with someone who has different perspectives and experiences. Ultimately, it is important to find someone who respects and supports you for who you are.

5. Can a person's qualities change over time?

Yes, a person's qualities can change over time as they grow and evolve. It is important to communicate openly with your partner and be willing to adapt and grow together as individuals and as a couple. What is most important is finding someone who shares your willingness to work on the relationship and continuously improve as individuals.