Particle Size after Dissolved in water

In summary, particle size after being dissolved in water refers to the size of the individual particles that make up a substance once it has been dissolved in water. This size can greatly affect the properties and solubility of the dissolved substance, with smaller particles dissolving more quickly and evenly than larger particles. The standard unit of measurement for particle size in water is typically micrometers or nanometers, and factors such as substance type, concentration, temperature, and pressure can all influence the particle size. Ultimately, the size of the particles can greatly impact how well a substance dissolves in water.
kscribble
If I have a powder, when I dissolve that powder into solution, will it become very small fine particles in the water? so that if I coat it on something, it will become a very small thin layer when I dehydrate that compound?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Depends. Powder can be used to prepare suspension, but technically it is not dissolved then.

1. What is particle size after being dissolved in water?

Particle size after being dissolved in water refers to the size of the individual particles that make up a substance once it has been dissolved in water. This can vary depending on the type of substance and the conditions under which it is dissolved.

2. How does particle size affect the properties of a dissolved substance?

Particle size can greatly affect the properties of a dissolved substance. Smaller particles tend to dissolve more quickly and evenly, resulting in a more homogenous solution. Larger particles may take longer to dissolve and can result in a solution with uneven concentrations.

3. Is there a standard unit of measurement for particle size after being dissolved in water?

Particle size after being dissolved in water is typically measured in micrometers (μm) or nanometers (nm). These units are used to measure the diameter of individual particles in a substance.

4. What factors can influence the particle size of a substance after being dissolved in water?

The particle size of a substance after being dissolved in water can be influenced by a variety of factors. These can include the type and concentration of the substance, the temperature and pressure of the water, and the presence of other substances or impurities in the water.

5. How can particle size after being dissolved in water impact the solubility of a substance?

Particle size can greatly impact the solubility of a substance in water. Smaller particles have a larger surface area, which allows for more interactions with the water molecules, resulting in a higher solubility. Larger particles have less surface area and may have trouble dissolving completely in water.