PF World Cup Futbol League 2014

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    world cup
In summary, users are able to vote on the winner of the FIFA World Cup by making a post below with the correct outcome and score. Voting is possible until midnight GMT of the game day.
Exactly. Using the FIFA order makes things easier. Fewer chances for mistakes = fewer mistakes = fewer complaints.

Physics news on Phys.org
Argentina - Germany... 2-1.

I bet on Brazil to take it all, as usual.

This week is going to be a busy one. I'm going to put my predictions in early.

For June 12:
Brazil v Croatia: 2-0

For June 13:
Mexico v Cameroon: 1-1
Spain v Netherlands: 1-0
Chile v Australia: 2-0

It's less than eight hours until micro's 12 midnight GMT deadline for predictions for the first game.This will be a short-lived PF World Cup Futbol League if nobody plays the game.

12/06/14
Brazil v Croatia: 3-1

13/06/14
Mexico v Cameroon: 2-1
Spain v Netherlands: 2-1
Chile v Austrailia: 2-0

trollcast said:
Mexico v Cameroon: 2-1
I considered that outcome, very strongly. I went with 1-1 instead because I suspect that whatever it was that made Mexico perform so poorly in CONCACAF has not completely left them behind.

I was stuck between 1-1 and 2-1 to Mexico but bookies have mexico as favourite to win over a draw.

trollcast said:
I was stuck between 1-1 and 2-1 to Mexico but bookies have mexico as favourite to win over a draw.
You have to go against the odds sometimes.

Besides, bookies aren't predicting the outcome of the game. Ignoring bookies who have access to a time machine, a witch doctor, a dirty referee, or a dirty player on their side, bookies are predicting which way the betting will go rather than which way the game will go. A bookie's goal is to twiddle with the odds to make it so people will bet such that the bookie makes money regardless of the outcome.

Brazil - Croatia: 2 - 0

Mexico v Cameroon: 1 - 1
Spain v Netherlands: 1 - 2
Chile v Australia: 3 - 0

D H said:
It's less than eight hours until micro's 12 midnight GMT deadline for predictions for the first game.
That was off by a day. :redface:

There are still 12+ hours to get your predictions for the Brazil v Croatia game.

For Today (June 12):
Brazil v Croatia: 2-0

Being a silent fan of Hajduk Split I can't allow Brazil to win. Either draw or Croatia wins. Say, 1-0 for Croatia.

Just for kicks, can't say I care much. I watched ALL matches in 1982, that was way too much. Especially taking into account fact my TV didn't have a good antenna, so for a perfect picture I had to lie motionless in a very peculiar position. Somehow it spoiled football for me.

micromass said:
Voting on the winner
You can start voting on the winner and runner-up right now! But... the longer you wait, the less points you will get!
Winner: I guess Argentina.
Runner-up: Brazil.

For the match today, starting in a while, I guess
Brazil-Croatia (3-1) - but I hope Croatia wins :smile: - I like underdog breakthroughs.

For June 13:
Mexico v Cameroon: 1-0
Spain v Netherlands: 1-0
Chile v Australia: 2-0

I missed the start of this :O Brasil will win the cup beating Argentina; tonight's games:

Mexico 2-1 Cameroon
Spain 3-1 Netherlands
Chile 4-0 Australia

For June 14:
Columbia v Greece: 1-0
Uruguay v Costa Rica: 2-0
England v Italy: 1-1
Côte D'Ivoire v Japan: 1-1

d h said:
england v italy: 1-1

boooooo

14th June
Colombia v Greece: 2-0
Uruguay v Costa Rica: 3-0
Cote D'Ivoire v Japan: 1-2
England v Italy: 1-0

Last edited:
14th June
Colombia v Greece: 1 - 2
Uruguay v Costa Rica: 1 - 1
Cote D'Ivoire v Japan: 2 - 2
England v Italy: 1 - 3

I should be having 3 points, not 2

montadhar said:
I should be having 3 points, not 2

Just PM me next time :tongue:

14th June
Colombia v Greece: 2 - 1
Uruguay v Costa Rica: 3 - 0
Cote D'Ivoire v Japan: 2 - 1
England v Italy: 2 - 0

Tonight's games:
Colombia 3-1 Greece
Uruguay 2-0 Costa Rica
England 2-1 Italy
Ivory Coast 3-0 Japan

Tonight, 14th June

Colombia v Greece: 2-0
Uruguay v Costa Rica: 4-0
Cote D'Ivoire v Japan: 2-0
England v Italy: 0-2

For June 15:

Switzerland v Ecuador: 1-2
France v Honduras: 2-0
Argentina v Bosnia and Herzegovina: 2-0

June 15th:
Switzerland - Ecuador: 0 - 0
France - Honduras: 3 - 0
Argentina - Bosnia and Herzegovina: 3 - 1

June 16th:
Germany - Portugal: 1 - 0
Iran - Nigeria: 0 - 1
Ghana - USA: 2 - 2

This thread is fun :smile:...

June 15th:
Switzerland - Ecuador: 2 - 0
France - Honduras: 3 - 0
Argentina - Bosnia and Herzegovina: 3 - 0

June 16th:
Germany - Portugal: 3 - 1
Iran - Nigeria: 0 - 2
Ghana - USA: 0 - 2

Maybe a logo would help advertising this thread...:smile:
14233501199_8fd670ffa1_o.jpg

Likes 1 person
DennisN said:
Maybe a logo would help advertising this thread...:smile:

Wow, awesome! Thanks a lot!

Winner prediction: Considering that the majority of past winners are from Catholic countries, and that the current Argentinian pope is a life-long football supporter, this seems a no-brainer :smile:

Now I don't want any more goals in the Colombia-Greece match...:) 2-0 is just fine. :biggrin:
EDIT: Noooo...:cry:

Last edited:
June 15
Switzerland v Ecuador: 1-2
France v Honduras: 2-0
Argentina v Bosnia and Herzegovina: 4-0

<H2>1. What is the purpose of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?</H2><p>The purpose of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 is to bring together teams from different countries to compete in a global soccer tournament. This event promotes international unity and friendly competition among nations.</p><H2>2. How many teams are participating in the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?</H2><p>There are a total of 32 teams participating in the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014. These teams have qualified through various regional tournaments and represent countries from around the world.</p><H2>3. What are the rules and regulations of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?</H2><p>The rules and regulations of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 are governed by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA). These rules cover everything from player eligibility to match conduct and are strictly enforced throughout the tournament.</p><H2>4. What is the format of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?</H2><p>The PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 follows a group stage and knockout stage format. In the group stage, teams are divided into eight groups of four and play against each other. The top two teams from each group advance to the knockout stage, where they compete in single-elimination matches until a champion is crowned.</p><H2>5. How is the winner of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 determined?</H2><p>The winner of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 is determined by the final match of the tournament. The two remaining teams compete in a single match, and the winner is declared the champion. In the case of a tie, the match may go into extra time or a penalty shootout to determine the winner.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?

The purpose of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 is to bring together teams from different countries to compete in a global soccer tournament. This event promotes international unity and friendly competition among nations.

2. How many teams are participating in the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?

There are a total of 32 teams participating in the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014. These teams have qualified through various regional tournaments and represent countries from around the world.

3. What are the rules and regulations of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?

The rules and regulations of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 are governed by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA). These rules cover everything from player eligibility to match conduct and are strictly enforced throughout the tournament.

4. What is the format of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014?

The PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 follows a group stage and knockout stage format. In the group stage, teams are divided into eight groups of four and play against each other. The top two teams from each group advance to the knockout stage, where they compete in single-elimination matches until a champion is crowned.

5. How is the winner of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 determined?

The winner of the PF World Cup Futbol League 2014 is determined by the final match of the tournament. The two remaining teams compete in a single match, and the winner is declared the champion. In the case of a tie, the match may go into extra time or a penalty shootout to determine the winner.