Lower their blood pressure by releasing their Sniglets

In summary: Cinamuck: That sticky substance found on movie theater floors.In summary, people on this site can lower their blood pressure by releasing their sniglets.
DiracPool
I wanted to start a thread so people on this site could lower their blood pressure by releasing their Sniglets. In case you haven't heard, a sniglet is a word that should be in the dictionary (according to you) but isn't..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=TixwF_ywN4A

Ok, so I'll start it off with a couple I came up with

1) "Grostusting" -- Gross and disgusting, pretty self-evident

2) "Anticipointment" -- When you are at a restaurant waiting for your food, the server comes by with some steaming plates of goodness, you clear your area in anticipation, and then they walk on by and deposit the plates at the next table.

Physics news on Phys.org
how about authentification from authentication and identification?

jedishrfu said:
how about authentification from authentication and identification?

Perfect, I love it. Keep em coming

My favorite is bovilexia: the urge to shout "Moo!" at a herd of cows as you drive or bicycle past them.

jtbell said:
My favorite is bovilexia: the urge to shout "Moo!" at a herd of cows as you drive or bicycle past them.

Lol. There's something primally soothing about uttering the word, moo, it's kind of like a mantra.

DiracPool said:
it's kind of like a mantra.

Spell it backwards. :wink:

jtbell said:
Spell it backwards. :wink:

Ok, I get it now, took me a minute..

The UK version of this game is the Uxbridge English Dictionary, which contains definitions of real words which other dictionaries forgot to include.

For example Xenophobia: fear of Buddhists.

jtbell said:

A lot of people have done that, myself included:redface:

I remember driving by a pasture full of cows with a carload of kids and the kids all shouted "Moo". It was like some kind of herd behavior.

edward said:
I remember driving by a pasture full of cows with a carload of kids and the kids all shouted "Moo". It was like some kind of herd behavior.

Were you driving the kids around in that "plant" car that you have as your avatar?

DiracPool said:
Were you driving the kids around in that "plant" car that you have as your avatar?

That coupe is too small for a car load of kids. I used the sedan instead.

2ezh2d3.jpg

Note: Harvester ants ate the rear fender.

Likes 1 person
I can't seem to come up with a sniglet. This afternoon I was laying out in the sun and thinking about it until my brain was totally "stupifried". groan

edward said:
I can't seem to come up with a sniglet. This afternoon I was laying out in the sun and thinking about it until my brain was totally "stupifried". groan

Nice one, I'm feeling a bit stupifried right now

AlephZero said:
The UK version of this game is the Uxbridge English Dictionary, which contains definitions of real words which other dictionaries forgot to include.

For example Xenophobia: fear of Buddhists.

Its defined as fear of strangers and foriegners.

Now zenophoia would be better as a fear of zen or xenaphobia as a fear of Xena the Warrior Princess...

jtbell said:
Hmm. So what is the sheep equivalent? I've witnessed people going "baaaa" near sheep. I'm still not sure if they were trying to communicate innocently, or just in desperate need of a date... :biggrin:

strangerep said:
Hmm. So what is the sheep equivalent? I've witnessed people going "baaaa" near sheep. I'm still not sure if they were trying to communicate innocently, or just in desperate need of a date... :biggrin:

Ovislexia. ??

It is amazing how many people mimic animals. I wonder if it comes from an ancient deeply rooted need to get them to come closer?

It could be called onomatopocompulses in sniglet format.

edward said:
It could be called onomatopocompulses in sniglet format.
If you say that quickly, one might think it's an obsession with sitting on tomatoes.

It is amazing how many people mimic animals. I wonder if it comes from an ancient deeply rooted need to get them to come closer?
Probably. But then why is (e.g.,) the Lyre bird able to mimic such an incredible variety of sounds so perfectly? Even chainsaws. (I'm sure it doesn't really want a chainsaw to "come closer".)

Cinamuck: That sticky substance found on movie theater floors.

(This is not my original: it was actually aired on one of the original Not Necessarily the News episodes with Rich Hall.)

"Cartuning" -- jockeying your car slightly forward at a stop, trying to improve radio reception.

What is "Lower their blood pressure by releasing their Sniglets"?

"Lower their blood pressure by releasing their Sniglets" is a concept that refers to the release of stress and tension through the use of humorous words or phrases, known as "Sniglets". This can help to reduce blood pressure and promote relaxation.

How does releasing Sniglets help to lower blood pressure?

Releasing Sniglets can help to lower blood pressure by promoting laughter and reducing stress and tension in the body. Laughter has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including reducing blood pressure and boosting the immune system.

Are there any scientific studies that support the effectiveness of releasing Sniglets?

While there is limited research specifically on the use of Sniglets to lower blood pressure, there have been numerous studies on the health benefits of laughter and humor. These studies have shown that laughter can have a positive impact on blood pressure, stress levels, and overall well-being.

Can anyone use this technique to lower their blood pressure?

Releasing Sniglets can be beneficial for most people, but it may not be suitable for everyone. It is important to consult with a medical professional before trying any new techniques for managing blood pressure or other health conditions.

Are there any potential risks or side effects associated with releasing Sniglets?

There are no known risks or side effects of releasing Sniglets. However, as with any form of stress relief or relaxation technique, it is important to listen to your body and stop if you experience any discomfort or negative effects.