Copy from eclipse to vim in unix

In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of implementing a new recycling program in the office, including reducing waste and promoting sustainability. The participants also talked about potential challenges such as cost and logistics, but overall were in agreement that it was a positive step to take.
lcr2139
I would like to copy some code that I wrote in eclipse to vi text editor in unix without retyping the entire code. Is there a way to do this?

Technology news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, lcr2139! :smile:

Select the code in eclipse.
Switch to vi and put it into insert mode by pressing 'i'.
Click middle mouse button (or both left and right button) to paste.

1. How can I copy code from Eclipse to Vim in Unix?

In order to copy code from Eclipse to Vim in Unix, you can use the "Copy" command in Eclipse to copy the desired code. Then, open Vim and use the "Paste" command to paste the code into the desired file. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + C" to copy and "Ctrl + V" to paste.

2. Can I use the same keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste in both Eclipse and Vim?

Yes, you can use the same keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste in both Eclipse and Vim. This includes "Ctrl + C" for copy and "Ctrl + V" for paste.

3. Is it possible to copy code from multiple files in Eclipse and paste it into one file in Vim?

Yes, it is possible to copy code from multiple files in Eclipse and paste it into one file in Vim. Simply select the desired code from each file in Eclipse and copy it. Then, open the desired file in Vim and paste the code.

4. Are there any special considerations when copying code from Eclipse to Vim in Unix?

Yes, there are a few special considerations when copying code from Eclipse to Vim in Unix. You may need to ensure that the file encoding and line endings are compatible between the two programs. Additionally, if you are copying code from a Java file in Eclipse, you may need to add appropriate import statements in Vim.

5. Can I use the "Copy" command in Eclipse to copy code from Vim in Unix?

No, the "Copy" command in Eclipse is only designed to copy code within Eclipse itself. You cannot use it to copy code from Vim in Unix. Instead, you will need to use the "Copy" command within Vim or use the appropriate keyboard shortcut.