My New MacBook Pro - A Dream Come True

• Thread starter Kalimaa23
  • Start date
In summary, after enduring years with a terrible HP Pavilion and an antique Compaq, the speaker is now the owner of a new, top-of-the-line Apple MacBook Pro with a 17" screen. Despite some initial hesitation, they are now thoroughly impressed with the machine's speed, design, and unique features such as a built-in webcam and glowing keyboard. They also note that using the MacBook Pro is a stark contrast to their previous experience with Windows PCs.
Kalimaa23
I'm so happy!

After spending several years with a terrible HP pavillion and an antique Compaq, I have a new laptop. An Apple no less!

Here's my new precious

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

I went for the 17" version :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
very nice choice... someday soon perhaps...

Dimitri Terryn said:
I'm so happy!

After spending several years with a terrible HP pavillion and an antique Compaq, I have a new laptop. An Apple no less!

Here's my new precious

:rolleyes:

Oh brother...

franznietzsche said:
:rolleyes:

Oh brother...

What? Something wrong?

Dimitri Terryn said:
What? Something wrong?

Nothing at all, actually. I'm a little envious. Just the thread title is all.

Mac people! We got another one!

"One of us. One of us..."

Chi Meson said:
Mac people! We got another one!

"One of us. One of us..."

And that is exactly why i don't like Mac whores. Like my former roommate. Creepy conformists.

The new ones are nice machines though. Just a bit too pricey for me, however.

Mac people can be really convincing... I must say, more and more people at my university are switching to mac, and having worked with a few lately... I must say I'm hooked!

franznietzsche said:
And that is exactly why i don't like Mac whores. Like my former roommate. Creepy conformists.

The new ones are nice machines though. Just a bit too pricey for me, however.
"Mac whores?" "Conformists"? When the heck did 5% market share indicate conformity?

Very nice Dimitri!

Unfortunately, large businesses in the US have agreed on a standard, and the standard is not Mac, it's what we used to call "IBM compatible", and IE is the default browser for large corporations.

I can't use a MAC if I want to work from home, everything is Windows based in the corporate world.

Chi Meson said:
"Mac whores?" "Conformists"? When the heck did 5% market share indicate conformity?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I'm talking about people like my former roommate, who like to be unique individuals by being exactly the same as all their friends.

franznietzsche said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I'm talking about people like my former roommate, who like to be unique individuals by being exactly the same as all their friends.
Oh, them. I know lots of those. The same who rail against the notion of school uniforms yet they wear a uniform every day.

I made a website a few weeks ago, it looked really nice on my mac.. until I went to check it on a PC.. terrible. After changing the fonts it looked a lot better, but the mac still displays the site a lot nicer.

I really had to get used to my mac, but PCs now look like they are from the stone-age to me :wink: Congrats on the nice buy!

Chi Meson said:
Oh, them. I know lots of those. The same who rail against the notion of school uniforms yet they wear a uniform every day.

And they love their macs. Or at least, my roommate and his friends did. Drove me bananas.

Evo said:
Very nice Dimitri!

Unfortunately, large businesses in the US have agreed on a standard, and the standard is not Mac, it's what we used to call "IBM compatible", and IE is the default browser for large corporations.

I can't use a MAC if I want to work from home, everything is Windows based in the corporate world.

That's what bootcamp is for :wink:

Dimitri Terryn said:
I'm so happy!

Here's my new precious

Yep,:approve:, i am about to by myself a MAC too.

marlon

Nice buy Dimitri :approve:

Monique said:
I made a website a few weeks ago, it looked really nice on my mac.. until I went to check it on a PC.. terrible. After changing the fonts it looked a lot better, but the mac still displays the site a lot nicer.

I really had to get used to my mac, but PCs now look like they are from the stone-age to me :wink: Congrats on the nice buy!
And to think you doubted us in the beginning. :biggrin:

Welcome to the fold Dmitri!

I've been just loving the Mac commercials lately. They're hilarious!

Its a beautiful "baby" what you going to name her?

If it's a girl, it pretty much has to be named 'Granny Smith'. As far as I know, that's the only apple named after a woman.
Awesome machine, Dmitri. I wanted one so badly...
I'm content, though, that a woman I know has built me a custom G3 iBook for $300. I just have to get a ride into the city to pick it up.
I must admit that your title had me expecting a feud; I figured that you were going to claim to have had an affair with George Jones' wife. :biggrin:

Hot damn! I hooked it up to my home network, and went online without any trouble

Don't remember being able to do that with a windows pc...

The thing really is a beauty. Not only does it run like the wind (dual core 2,16GHz processor, 1GB RAM), but it's extremely stylish. The 17" screen is extremely clear. Also, the little things are cool. When I set up my user account, a video screen appeared! Apparently it has a built in webcam, and you can take snapshots to put as user images :biggrin: The glow in the dark keyboard and magnetic power cable are also nice touches.

Spoiled brat... :tongue:

Moonbear said:
And to think you doubted us in the beginning. :biggrin:
Yeah, I had some withdrawel symptoms :wink: Now when I go back to a PC they look crappy, like you people said. The nicest things are that the battery-life is still 3.5 hours and that it doesn't run hot at all and there is no audible fan. This might be interesting to you Dimitri: there are tons of freeware programs, which you can find here http://www.pure-mac.com/

Wow! Thanks, Monique. I'll have a field day with that site. :cool:

Dimitri Terryn said:
Hot damn! I hooked it up to my home network, and went online without any trouble

Don't remember being able to do that with a windows pc...

The thing really is a beauty. Not only does it run like the wind (dual core 2,16GHz processor, 1GB RAM), but it's extremely stylish. The 17" screen is extremely clear. Also, the little things are cool. When I set up my user account, a video screen appeared! Apparently it has a built in webcam, and you can take snapshots to put as user images :biggrin: The glow in the dark keyboard and magnetic power cable are also nice touches.

Oh yeah, well I just bought an el-cheapo $600 Dell laptop, WITH exploding Li-poly packs thank you very much... :tongue2: :biggrin:

Yeah, those Macs have amazing clarity on their monitors...it's a nice machine you bought. :approve:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh yeah, well I just bought an el-cheapo $600 Dell laptop, WITH exploding Li-poly packs thank you very much... :tongue2: :biggrin:

Yeah, those Macs have amazing clarity on their monitors...it's a nice machine you bought. :approve:

Personally, I HATE the 30" Apple Cinema Displays. I got vertigo so bad I nearly threw up on the thing after a few minutes.

Monique said:
Yeah, I had some withdrawel symptoms :wink: Now when I go back to a PC they look crappy, like you people said. The nicest things are that the battery-life is still 3.5 hours and that it doesn't run hot at all and there is no audible fan. This might be interesting to you Dimitri: there are tons of freeware programs, which you can find here http://www.pure-mac.com/

Thanks for the link Monique!

1. What makes the new MacBook Pro different from previous models?

The new MacBook Pro features a faster processor, improved graphics, and a larger storage capacity compared to previous models. It also has a new touch bar feature and a thinner and lighter design.

2. How long does the battery last on the new MacBook Pro?

The battery life on the new MacBook Pro varies depending on usage, but on average it can last up to 10-12 hours on a single charge.

3. Is the new MacBook Pro compatible with all software and devices?

The new MacBook Pro is compatible with most software and devices, but there may be some older programs or devices that may not be fully compatible. It is always best to check with the manufacturer or do research before purchasing.

4. Does the new MacBook Pro have a USB port?

No, the new MacBook Pro does not have a traditional USB port. It uses USB-C ports, which are smaller and more versatile, but may require adapters for older devices.

5. Is the new MacBook Pro worth the price?

The value of the new MacBook Pro depends on the individual's needs and preferences. It is a high-performance and premium device, so it may be worth the price for those who require advanced technology for work or personal use.