Last year of high school and it's time to decide a career path

In summary, the last year of high school is a crucial time for students to make decisions about their future career paths. It is a time when they must consider their interests, strengths, and values in order to choose a path that will lead them towards a fulfilling and successful future. With the help of guidance counselors, mentors, and self-discovery, students can explore various career options and make informed decisions about their goals and aspirations. This process can be daunting and overwhelming, but it is an important step towards taking control of one's future and setting oneself up for success.
Kushal
i'm in last year of high school and it's time to decide a career path. I'm mostly into biology and chemistry.

can anyone of you tell about the jobs i could get in these fields. i already know some which interest me such as biotechnology, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry. are there more other jobs? i was thinking about genetics.

is there any site where i could get some info about these jobs, what they really consist of, what are the average salaries,...

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
http://stats.bls.gov/search/ooh.asp?qu=biochemistry&ct=OOH

From the list: http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs009.htm

I just searched up "biochemistry" on the site, and it gave out a list of jobs which included the keyword. The second link is just one of the search results that came out. You should try the keywords in your post and see what comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
biomedical Eng would be great to study .. goto johns hopkins .

1. What factors should I consider when deciding on a career path?

When deciding on a career path, it is important to consider your interests, skills, values, and goals. Think about what you enjoy doing, what you are good at, what is important to you, and what you want to achieve in your career. You should also research the job market, potential salary and job growth in your chosen field, and the education or training required.

2. Is it okay to change my career path after high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to change your career path after high school. Many people do not end up in the career they initially planned for, and it is important to be open to exploring different options and finding what truly makes you happy. It is never too late to change your career path, and it is better to do so than to be stuck in a job you do not enjoy.

3. How can I gain experience in my desired career field while still in high school?

You can gain experience in your desired career field by participating in internships, job shadowing, or volunteer work. You can also take relevant courses or join clubs and organizations related to your career interests. Networking with professionals in your desired field can also help you gain valuable experience and knowledge.

4. Should I choose a career based on salary or passion?

The best career path is one that combines both salary and passion. It is important to find a job that you enjoy and are passionate about, but it is also necessary to consider your financial stability. Look for careers that align with your interests and values, while also providing a sustainable income for your future.

5. What resources are available to help me decide on a career path?

There are many resources available to help you decide on a career path, such as career counseling services, career assessment tests, and online career exploration websites. Your high school guidance counselor can also provide valuable guidance and resources. Additionally, talking to professionals in your desired field and networking can give you valuable insights and information to help you make an informed decision.