How Can I Create a Non-Fire Flash Bang for Street Magic Tricks?

• Thread starter XshulderX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help in creating a flash bang for their street magic tricks. They have searched the web without success and are asking for ideas from others. However, making explosives is against the forum rules, so they are advised to look into safer alternatives such as purchasing items from magic stores or adapting small cap-gun toys.
XshulderX
Hej i have seached the web thin... without reslut so I hope that you smart people can help me :D

I want to make a little flash bang for my amature street magic tricks, that I want to give a little extra effect :D

I have found a lot of places where people shows how to make them. But my problem with them is that the all have one thing incomment.. and that is fire! What i need is help to make a little flash bang that explode when it comes in contact with anything hard. fx the ground.

can someone please help me with some ideers? I will really love the imputs...

Engineering news on Phys.org
XshulderX said:
Hej i have seached the web thin... without reslut so I hope that you smart people can help me :D

I want to make a little flash bang for my amature street magic tricks, that I want to give a little extra effect :D

I have found a lot of places where people shows how to make them. But my problem with them is that the all have one thing incomment.. and that is fire! What i need is help to make a little flash bang that explode when it comes in contact with anything hard. fx the ground.

can someone please help me with some ideers? I will really love the imputs...

It's against the PF Rules to allow discussions regarding how to make explosives (see the Rules link at the top of the page), so we'll be watching this thread to be sure it doesn't go there.

Having said that, there may be other, relatively safe ways to generate the effect you want. Have you checked out magic stores and websites to see what they offer? I've also seen kids playing with "popper" things -- they were annoying, but seemed relatively safe. Also, there are some small cap-gun things that you could probably adapt to do what you want. I've seen little bomb-shaped things about 3-4cm in length that you load a standard 2mm plastic cap in (from the cap-guns that use those type of caps). You could come up with some disposable way to do the same thing.

Hello,

I am a scientist and I would be happy to help you with your request. Making a flash bang for a magic trick can be a fun and exciting project, but it is important to remember to always prioritize safety.

Firstly, I would recommend doing some research on the chemical reactions and materials involved in creating a flash bang. This will help you understand the potential hazards and how to handle them properly.

One option for creating a flash bang without the use of fire is to use a chemical reaction involving potassium permanganate and glycerin. When mixed together, these two substances will create a loud bang and release a cloud of smoke. You can find tutorials and instructions for this method online.

Another option is to use a small amount of dry ice and water. When the dry ice is placed in water, it will create a loud popping sound and a cloud of fog. This can also add a dramatic effect to your magic trick.

It is important to note that both of these methods involve loud noises and smoke, so be sure to take proper precautions and use them in a safe and controlled environment.

I hope these ideas help you create a successful flash bang for your magic trick. Remember to always prioritize safety and have fun with your experiments!

1. How do I make a flash bang for a magic trick?

There are several ways to make a flash bang for a magic trick, but the most common method involves using flash paper and flash cotton. You can also use small pyrotechnic devices or stage effects for a more professional and controlled flash bang. Always follow proper safety precautions and check local laws before attempting to make a flash bang.

2. What materials do I need to make a flash bang?

The materials you will need depend on the method you choose to make a flash bang. For the flash paper and flash cotton method, you will need flash paper, flash cotton, a fuse, and a small container or tube to hold the materials. For other methods, you may need additional materials such as pyrotechnic devices, a detonator, and a power source.

3. Is it safe to make a flash bang at home?

Making a flash bang at home can be dangerous and is not recommended for those without proper training and knowledge of pyrotechnics. Even with proper precautions, there is still a risk of injury or damage. It is best to consult a professional or purchase a pre-made flash bang for your magic trick.

4. Can I use a flash bang for any magic trick?

Flash bangs are typically used for more dramatic and intense magic tricks, so they may not be suitable for all tricks. It is important to consider the effect and safety implications when deciding if a flash bang is appropriate for your trick. Always use caution and follow safety guidelines when using pyrotechnic devices.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a flash bang for a magic trick?

Yes, there are alternative methods to create a similar effect without using a flash bang. These can include using flash paper alone, using a smoke bomb, or using stage lighting effects. It is important to consider the safety and legality of these alternatives before using them in your magic trick.